Pop Brixton (formerly Grow Brixton) Pope's Road development

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Mar 27, 2014.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

LOL.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm hearing rumours about some sort of major management shake-up 'situation' arising there. Anyone know anything?

3. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

I'm at a loss :p

Gramsci and editor like this.
  4. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

To answer some previous questions about why it's located in Pop - turns out Lambeth planning told them that they would not approve a planning bid to have it installed in Popes Road.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So it ended up as an ineffective, but generally pleasing 'we're helping the community, oh yes we are' bit of PR for Pop. Nice. Now if only they could sort out their immense debts, stop paying themselves so much and start giving some fucking money back to the community like they were supposed to.

6. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Hmm, that's a bit harsh, as you've taken the success of a volunteer run food distribution programme as an excuse to have a pop at one of your bete noirs.

alcopop likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Pop used it widely in their backslapping self promotion and seeing as this is a thread about Pop Brixton, I'm quite happy to point out their immense shortcomings. Why aren't you angry at Pop's total failure to deliver on the promised profit share with the community or the way the community partners were forced out at the start and replaced by Mayfair property developers?

8. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Well I was talking about the fridge, and only the fridge - just used the search engine to find my last post on it - hence why it's in this thread.

My opinion of pop - is not really relevant to the fridge.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But this is a thread entirely dedicated to Pop, so there's no need to be coy. So what do you think of the place?

Gramsci likes this.
  10. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

I think that i'm off to get some lunch.

alcopop likes this.
  11. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Have you a link to the relevant planning document that says this?

12. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Sounds like it might have been given as pre-application advice in which case it wouldn't be on public record.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Why can't you give a straight answer to a relevant question instead of posting up evasive shit like this? it just makes you look like a troll.

14. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

Why are you being so abusive to a poster who made a single considered point?

That’s really out of order.

alcopop likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

To ask a poster's opinion on a topic in a thread solely dedicated to that subject truly is a crime against humanity. What do you think of Pop? Have you an opinion? If not, kindly GTFO of this thread. Thanks.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yah. Totes Brixton. So diverse.

17. Gramsci

I would like to know from snowy_again.

editor likes this.
  18. Gramsci

There isn't anyway of knowing if it is a considered point at this time.

editor likes this.
  19. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

This has come up this thread before......

...and management said the following

Gramsci likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Of course that conversation happened before the fucking enormous losses of Pop Brixton were revealed and their subsequent PR spin machine whirred into action.

21. teuchter

I don't quite get why there's the suspicion that it's an untrue account.

Is there some theory that Pop didn't want it on the street and forced it to be inside for nefarious reasons?

22. Gramsci

I asked straightforward question.

I never said anything about being suspicious of about it being untrue.

Your reading things into my post which have no justification if you read my post correctly as a straight forward question.

editor likes this.
  23. discobastard

There are other ways to request an opinion that don't involve insults.

Pop is not for me. And it seems very shoddily run. That's my opinion.

24. discobastard

I think what snowy was saying was perfectly. To then ask them to comment with a loaded expectation of criticism is unreasonable.

teuchter likes this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This thread is about Pop Brixton, not your personal opinion about posting etiquette in a post that didn't even involve you. Please keep on topic.

26. Gramsci

Your totally missing the point I was making.

Snowy has not answered my query.

So for now no one knows if his point is a " considered" one.

There is no evidence either way if Snowy point is "perfectly".

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 10:35 PM
    editor likes this.
  27. Gramsci

definition of considered.

CONSIDERED | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

At this time I have no idea if Snowy post is due to something that has been reached after a lot of thought. I was asking for clarification. ie evidence that planning authorities said this. Before I jumped to any conclusions about whether his post was reasonable of not.

editor likes this.
  28. teuchter

You don't suspect it's untrue but nonetheless you want to see evidence to make sure it's true.

29. Gramsci

I've made it pretty clear I think. I'm not making any assumptions either way.

I've never said I don't suspect its untrue.

I wish you would stop trying to imply things in my posta Im not actually saying.

30. teuchter

So you neither confirm nor deny the allegations that you have alleged the possibility of an untruth.

Everything's clear for the future historians :thumbs: