1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plymouth and Exeter experience existential crisis!

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by Gerry1time, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

Chemical needs, Idaho and two sheds like this.
  2. toggle

toggle wobbly

and more astoundingly, the herald is actually supposed to be a newspaper, not a local version of the onion that can't afford a proofreader

AMITNAL, CNT36, Poot and 2 others like this.
  3. Gerry1time

I especially love the line "Caffe Nero on Lemon Quay was so busy that I couldn't even get a quote from a member of staff" which reads more like a note to themselves or their editor than a piece of journalism.

4. two sheds

two sheds not as daft as i look

no, you have to get a quote for the coffee and show you've got enough cash to cover it before they'll serve you

CNT36 and Gerry1time like this.
  5. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Truro? Where's it to?

Idaho likes this.
  6. toggle

toggle wobbly

they don't do actual journalism. the job qualification seems to be the ability to write 'we love plymouth, we hate cornwall' 100x. spelling optional

AMITNAL, Gerry1time and Libertad like this.
  7. Gerry1time

I did actually think that first time I read it. Why would you get a quote from a Caffe Nero? Isn't the price list on the wall? Maybe Truro really is that innovative that it's pushing the boundaries of coffee pricing.

two sheds likes this.
  8. two sheds

and the herald's only jealous because Plymouth and Bristol are still really part of Greater Cornwall.

9. CNT36

CNT36 Not carbon nano tubes

Lemon Quay.

10. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Lovely, I'm sure that it will enrich that special street market ambience. Christmas is only 37 shopping days away.

11. CNT36

CNT36 Not carbon nano tubes

Sister and her kids were looking forward to going on Saturday and ended up spending less than an hour there because it was too busy. Couldn't help laughing.

Libertad likes this.
  12. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

It's that mini fairground that does it. Kids come from all over to throw up on that roundabout.

two sheds and CNT36 like this.
  13. two sheds

That's just them learning how to behave in cities when they grow older.

toggle and Libertad like this.
  14. toggle

toggle wobbly

i'm walking distance so when lass wants to go in there, she can take herself so i don't have to suffer. she will learn eventually why cheap clothing in this house always comes from charity shops, not primark. and probably curse loads that there's another shop in town that dosen't do women's shoes her size

CNT36 likes this.
  15. AMITNAL

AMITNAL New Member

They are an odd paper. They seem to only report on what happens in the time zone of 1867, which is what Plymouth is stuck in, currently. They report on old people falling over, buses being 3 minutes late, and how much a tree has grown.

16. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Odd isn't it. It's almost as though there is very little crime here to report on.

17. AMITNAL

AMITNAL New Member

Or the crimes that they don't want to report on...?

Propoganda for the southwests giant shithole? ☝️

18. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

I went into Primark in Truro on Thursday. It's just as skanky as all the others.

Don't even get me started on the pathetic excuse for a Debenhams. It's no bigger than a corner shop.

But at least they have a decent sized TK Maxx.