PLAY-OFF FINAL: Dulwich Hamlet v Hendon - Monday 7th May 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Balbi, May 4, 2018.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

We should remember this, I think.

2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

We'll be fine next season and no reason why you shouldn't go up. No idea how Gary McCann does it time after time but he must know he can take that squad up.

Poids likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Voley likes this.
  4. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Yup, they tested my patience and spoiled some potentially good photos.

darryl and editor like this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There was one bloke hovering around the edge of the penalty box with a fancy contraption during the penalty shootout, moving around in the keeper's field of vision. He was annoying me from the back of the terrace. I wish the referee had told him to fuck off.

darryl and editor like this.
  6. YTC

YTC Human Man

Liked by Mark Baker

The concentration of Salt in Billericay last night was very high.

Mark Baker likes this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Yes, that's Nyren

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Thimble Queen likes this.
  8. Adrian Sharpe

Adrian Sharpe New Member

HI. NWS at Maidstone here. Stones fans are well chuffed for the Hamlet. Happy to see you get up into the NS. The NS teams are about to enjoy the culture shock of a very unique set of fans. Hopefully, our two teams will meet in a cup because a) they are always entertaining games and b) I can see my old mates from Dulwich (Is Rich still peddling his stats and drinking ale?

Once again, congrats and welcome the National League

9. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

That was amazing. Absolutely bloody amazing. I've been coming to Dulwich matches for five years now, since I first moved into the area, so can only imagine what it must be like for those of you who have been watching the club all your lives. My hugest congratulations to all of you, and all of the staff and players, and to everyone else who's done so much to keep this club alive so that our community can have a day like yesterday. What Dulwich Hamlet has achieved this season, on and off the pitch, and for it to come down to one penalty kick, is the stuff of Hollywood movies.

Also just wanted to say that I'm in absolute bloody awe of the professionalism and fitness levels of part-time footballers who are able to play to that level in 30 degree heat for 90 minutes, then extra time, then penalties. It was exhausting just watching it so God knows what playing in it was like. My hat goes off to both sets of players for making that such a spectacle.

Also commiserations to Hendon who gave it bloody everything and have always been strong, fair and worthy opponents every time I've seen them. Really like their manager and really like them as a club and I sincerely hope they'll be following us up at the end of next season. A Hendon & Met Police title race next season please. :cool:

And of course thanks to Tooting & Mitcham for letting us use their fantastic stadium where you don't get searched on the way in and everyone can see the match! ;)

Would also like to say I've criticised Gavin Rose on here in the past but I was absolutely wrong - the job he's done, the professionalism and commitment he's shown, and the way he's taken young players under his wing and developed them into the team we have now - the guy is an absolute hero. What he's done this season is just fucking remarkable.

Can't wait for next season. Bring on the National League South, bring on Billericay, and bring on Meadow. :thumbs:

pompeydunc, editor, Poids and 4 others like this.
  10. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Have woken up with a raging hangover, no voice and a vague memory of being in tears at the end of the penalty shoot out. Just another day in the life of a Hamlet supporter. What a day, what a day.

pompeydunc, Nivag, darryl and 4 others like this.
  11. PartisanDulwich

12. PartisanDulwich

[​IMG]

Jamal's pic

pompeydunc, Pink Panther and bkbk like this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Saunders in. Pmh out (again).

14. PartisanDulwich

15. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

Such a special club, am sitting at my desk trying to stop myself sobbing out of happiness. I come from a rugby heartland and had zero interest in football until 5yrs ago but I'm in bits today.

16. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

So gutted I couldn't be there. I've got an appointment that I couldn't miss today so I had to start my journey home yesterday while the game was on. I'm so proud amd happy for our team and our fans. You lot are all amazing. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you all ❤

17. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

What a day, never in nearly 40 years of going to Dulwich could I have dreamed of a day and crowd like that. Whether it was your first game or 1,000th as a Dulwich fan I hope the Hamlet fills your heart with as much pride and happiness as it has mine today xx

Right I'm off to watch constant re-runs of Dipo's penalty and stare aimlessly at the National League South table

Pink Panther and Pthorne like this.
  18. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Woke up with a start at 5.30 am , after a very strange dream in which Dulwich hamlet got promoted after a penalty shootout !!!

Brutaldeluxe likes this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

20. Poids

Poids Well-Known Member

Commiserations to Hendon. We all know the pain of losing a play-off final, but losing on pens is particularly excruciating. Hope they'll be able to take some consolation from their considerable achievements this season and the fine performance their players put in yesterday. A quality club who've been good friends to us when we needed it. Really hope they'll get promoted next year.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Who were they? They clearly had no idea how to film at a football game. I'm sure they shot some amazing footage but I'd rather be able to enjoy the game without their constant distractions. If they're coming again, perhaps someone from the club could have a word?

22. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

What a great day yesterday - must admit when it went to penalties I thought Dulwich might bottle it but what a finish. Incredible atmosphere, good performance in tough circumstances. Massive, massive congratulations.

I'm only gutted that it looks like Hereford will end up in the North rather than the South so I won't get to see my two favourite clubs play each other.

editor likes this.
  23. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

Congrats to Dulwich and best of luck in Conference South. Some big games ahead next year.

editor likes this.
  24. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Jimbob73 and EDC like this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They even did that daft 'ref picks the football up from a special stand' thing when the teams came on. That's all well and good, but if we're going to get that, where were the confetti cannons?

Poids likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looks like the ball did indeed going over the line just before we scored (again).

2018-05-08_123840.jpg
    22.jpg

27. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

What a incredible incident that was, being up the other end at the time obvs even harder to tell if it was over the line
    But what a clearance, for sure Dulwich deserved to win but that shot they had was closer than i thought near the end looking at it again.

29. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Ash definitely thought it did

30. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I enjoyed the respectable end change at half time, no stupidity.

Cyclodunc, Brutaldeluxe and editor like this.