1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAY OFF FINAL Bognor Regis v DULWICH HAMLET 1/5/2017 Monday 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by toby kempton, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Silkman72

Silkman72 Well-Known Member

Tamplin will have got bored of them by August and moved onto something else

AndyF and clog like this.
  2. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Let's not write next season off just yet shall we?

Our team and club have been immense this season, and while we haven't gone up it's been a fantastic year. Everyone at the club should take huge pride in the cup runs, the League form, and the contribution the club has made to the community. There have been so many very high highs. If next season gives us anything like the joys of this one, we'll have had some good times.

Well done Hamlet. Can't wait for pre-season.

3. Phil McCutchion

Phil McCutchion New Member

Wasn't there today.. Thought you would beat us easily. Whatever you do keep the faith and don't let Billericay win next season. All the best from what is now sunny Bognor.

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Champions next year it is then.

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Fantastic support today (as always)

any guess on numbers of Hamlet fans ? (seeing guesstimates of 1,500 ?)

safe journey home everybody - you did us proud

Such great memories from this Season

Hope old and new supporters have a great break and lets meet again at Champion Hill in August, building something very special at Dulwich Hamlet (Football for everyone and football team based firmly in our community)

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  6. barnsleydulwich

barnsleydulwich Well-Known Member

I'm gutted, as a 21 year South Londoner and 4 year Hamlet supporter I feel so much for those who have been through the mill far more than me. There were genuine tears from some today who want this promotion so much and deserve better. Bognor were the better team and took the opportunities that presented them and after all finished a massive 12 points above us in the league so no one can resent there success. So next season we go again, learn from the previous season and improve. I for one will be stood on the terraces come a barmy Tuesday evening in October or a frost bitten Saturday in January because I love football and the Hamlet make me smile.

7. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Choked when it came to the crunch yet again, Bognor were bog ordinary and Dulwich didn't turn up unlike the supporters.

8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I was going to say, bar being 21 lol
    Hope we can keep hold to the bulk of our squad for next season.
    Have a great summer everyone!

clog and PartisanDulwich like this.
  9. philosophical

philosophical Well-Known Member

I was disappointed today, like last year at East Thurrock, but on both occasions the winners probably deserved it.
    Good luck to Bognor.
    I hope next season will be better, although I worry about the money Billericay might throw around.

Poids likes this.
  10. Hamletcigar

Hamletcigar New Member

Billericay have thrown money around this season and both Dulwich and Enfield went up there and tore them a new one. Money doesn't necessarily win you the league.

Pink Panther, Cyclodunc and scousedom like this.
  11. juice_terry

juice_terry Here is a man who would not take it anymore.

nothing against Dulwich Hamlet .. just found this and thought it quite funny .. Too good not to post in here[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The dangers of twitter :)

Blitzwalker likes this.
  13. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Sourdough bread all the way baybayyy

14. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

And we had to travel second class because the restaurant car was already full.

Pink Panther, NPDHFC, clog and 2 others like this.
  15. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Was on this train and took the photo (not responsible for the meme though.) I think we had the first two carriages pretty much to ourselves with a top effort from Nick with the food. Nice touch from the driver when he wished us luck over train PA system just as we pulled into Barnham to change trains.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    AndyF and Pink Panther like this.
  16. barnsleydulwich

barnsleydulwich Well-Known Member

Im 40 this year but lived in South London for 21 of them.

clog likes this.
  17. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

An exhausting, emotional day that didn't go our way in the end but we should all be incredibly proud of the players nonetheless. We were beaten by a better side who came very close to winning the league and have been significantly above us for most of the season - they deserve their promotion and I hope they do well next season.

I actually thought we played well in the first half but shipped two awful goals and, despite a cracking penalty save from Preston and a brilliant goal from Kargbo (who I thought was absolutely immense in midfield) - we never really looked like clawing it back.

Hopefully we'll strengthen a little over the summer as I think there are areas that we need to improve on, but on the whole I want to see this group of players kept together so that we can hit the ground running next season. After a really difficult period earlier in the season, this squad has really shown what it's made of and produced the goods in so many ways. I'm especially excited to see the Tomlin-Sekajja partnership continue as I think those two have a great understanding and can run defences ragged.

I've only been supporting the club for a few seasons but I've already bought my season ticket for next time and hopefully others who have previously been only casual fans will join me in committing. What a great football club this is. Up the Hamlet!

Pink Panther, Jimbob73 and Poids like this.
  18. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

I lose count but I think that was my 7th time at Bognor, 3rd in play-offs, and I've never seen a Hamlet away crowd remotely like that. Couldn't believe how packed the away end was in the 2nd half. Truly astonishing. For that, be proud one and all!

Gutted about the result but can't argue too much. We didn't quite have enough. I can't help thinking last season's play off final defeat was in our minds. 3-0 down to East Thurrock after half an hour was a harsh lesson we didn't want to repeat, and as a result we started a little tentatively, not wanting to lose the game early on but therefore, ironically, handing territory, possession and the initiative to Bognor. Quality strike for our goal.

I don't buy in to the idea of Billericay walking the title next season. I actually quite relish the prospect of getting a close-up view of the imminent car crash. And the best times I've had supporting Dulwich have been as underdog.

The current squad is the best I've seen at Dulwich. If we keep that nucleus of it together there's no reason we can't win the league next year.

19. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

I can confirm there were Pringles. And the repast on the return journey was very proletarian (McCoy's crisps, midget gems).

Bit of a deflating end to the season. Bognor were strong. Their defence was suffocating and the goalie very assured . Hamlet threw everything at it, but seldom got through. Our fans were incredible.

Great season overall though. I thought this team was very average early on, but they were terrific for the last half of the season.

Blitzwalker and Noss like this.
  20. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

My first ever trip to Bognor, bloody hell that's a long drive for such a short distance. Looked like the seaside town that they forgot to close down, in the immortal words of Morrissey.
    Amazing following, so proud of how far we've come and what we have achieved. Thought we started well but the confidence drained out of us after the first goal. Bognor are the better team and deserved to go up. 124 years at this level so 1 more year won't hurt. We are going to win the league at Champion Hill in our 125 anniversary - you heard it here first folks - keep believing, see you next season - Up the Hamlet!

iamwithnail and Lucy Fur like this.
  21. GeriatricMascot

GeriatricMascot available for weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs

I think there was a massive effort from everyone yesterday, everyone was smiling and on good form. No denying Dulwich's passion both on and off the pitch. I hope the players, coaches and staff of the club know how proud we as fans are of them - and I cannot wait for next year! We've already won the moral victory!

Poids and Jules P like this.
  22. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Margate essentially did what Billericay are doing, but they appointed a proven manager (Terry Brown) who previously won this league with three other clubs (Hayes, Aldershot, Wimbledon), and they still finished eleven points off the top, albeit going up through the play-offs. If Billericay appoint a proper manager and Tamplin leaves him to get on with running the team without interference they'll be favourites, but what's the chance of that? He's already forced out Craig Edwards, who won this league five years ago with the same club and a smaller budget. It's the equivalent of a billionaire buying an F1 team, sacking Lewis Hamilton, then driving the car himself!

I don't really understand that. How can you tell whether people are middle class or working class from that photo? Is it implying that all working class people have poor diets and are slaves to wearing brand-name sportswear? I don't, and I'm not. Trains are much more comfortable than coaches and if you find the cheapest fares no more expensive, and that paper is the i not the Gaurdian, which is 20p cheaper than the Mirror.

23. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Was just about to post something similar... Billericay can spend as much as they like but unless some of it is spent on appointing a good manager, I don't see how they're going to be a success next season. I don't suppose there's any concern about them sniffing around a certain manager closer to home who is about to go out of contract and has complained about budget cuts??

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

25. GeriatricMascot

GeriatricMascot available for weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs

Excellent shot of the goal

darryl, Bugpowder Dust, AndyF and 2 others like this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Here's the second photo

DSC05620.jpg

AndyF likes this.
  27. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

I just missed the focus. Gutted

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It happens all the time to the best of them so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. I've taken some hideously out of focus shots of important moments.

My main problem for missing goals is usually not focusing problems but being distracted by bits of peeling paint/condiment tables/old metal rollers etc etc. Good job you're there to capture the things that matter!

30. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Loving this tweet

crocustim likes this.