1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastikman / Richie Hawtin

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Badgers, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

:) indeed

I like the album a LOT but from memory it was £2 from a charity shop and I need the £41.49

2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

He played Brixton Academy last night. I was totally unaware :(

3. machine cat

machine cat nod from the big man as kosher Banned

Cheers for the thread bump. I know what i'm going to listen to in the car today.

4. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

He also did a two hour set yesterday afternoon at a street fest in Dalston :)
    Saw it on his Facebook page in the morning and went down - was free too!
    He played a good dancey techno set, no minimal stuff.

Badgers and pesh like this.
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

6. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

has anyone seen this, actually quite good......

blossie33 and Badgers like this.
  7. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

No, I haven't seen that one but I do have a documentary about him on DVD - I'm sure it is a Slices one and thought it must be the same but it I don't recognise the beginning :hmm: hmmm, I'll have to check.

8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Bookmarked that thanks moody

Listened to Decks, EFX & 909 over new years and it still holds strong.

9. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

its a really good doc, most of the stuff I have watched regarding him is quite techy, he spends lots of time harping on about his equipment/ set-up, but this one tells how he started right from the beginning, pestering some jock in a small bar for a chance to play in the guys toilet breaks etc. features his family too who actually turn out to be quite important in the early days.

Badgers likes this.
  10. mod

mod A modernist

Funnily enough I listened to this on Saturday morning back at the hotel after seeing Jeff Mills in Amsterdam.

I'm 43 and was a huge, huge Hawtin fan for a good 15 years from the age of about 19 after hearing Sheet One for the first time. I've seen him many, many times over the years but started really going off him when I started going to Berlin often in 2007. Seen him out and about (think he lived there) and he loved the adulation and fame. I think it really went to his head and he sold out. DJing in the sea in Ibiza, selling his own brand sake at his parties and pushing a speaker on someone were the last straw for me.

Will always love his early stuff and own most of it on vinyl.

Badgers likes this.