Planet X / Nibiru

Discussion in 'science, nature and environment' started by Griff, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Griff

Griff Hardly posting anymore

Are there any scientific sites about Planet X or Nibiru other than 'we're all gonna die in 2012 as it passes by' type sites, which seem to swamp the web.

Started reading about it recently, and it does intrigue me. I'd like to learn more.

Cheers. :)

2. Signal 11

Signal 11 also programmed for conversational english

There are lots of threads and articles debunking it linked from this post.

bi0boy likes this.
  3. Griff

Griff Hardly posting anymore

Cheers, there's plenty of links to read there. :)

4. xes

xes F.O.A.D

I think it is possible that there's a big ass planet out there whirling round causing havok as it passes by. As we are in a pretty wild space,where massive big balls of matter fly about at thousands of miles a second. But........it's pretty fucking unlikley,given the ammount of amatuer astronomers with some pretty hitech telescopes out there. If this was going to hit us in 4 years time,it would be visible. And if was visible,it'd be plastered all over the net with hard proofage.

As a bed time story,it's great,I love it. The Anunaki splicing genes and givingthe primitive neandertol an extreme make over. Probably pure fantasy,but no more pure fantasy than the stories in the bible. (they do share some simularities though,if you swap the name Jesus for Anu)

bi0boy likes this.
  5. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

6. xes

xes F.O.A.D

7. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

8. xes

xes F.O.A.D

9. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

10. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

It really puzzled me when I found that discussion of a planet further out- yet to be discovered is basically "conspiraloon nonesense". Why on Earth for? Pun intended.

11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Because there was no evidence

12. camouflage

camouflage "marginalia".

Didn't explain the bile directed at a mere unproven theory. How on Earth does the question of whether there are more planets out there become about conspiracies? Its like the existence or not of exo-planets around a distant star becoming for some reason a matter of conspiracy theory. How are tin foil hats involved???

13. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Because they believed that this planet was for the Joooz to escape on after they're finished ruining Earth, and various other nonsense.

Take a look at some of the stuff they say. Search Nibiru and get lost down a rabbit hole.

NoXion and Signal 11 like this.
  14. Signal 11

Since moved to here.

15. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

alfajobrob likes this.
  16. Mrs D

Mrs D . Banned

Isn't planet X now Pluto, hiding in plain sight.

17. 2hats

2hats

The orbit of this ‘new’ object, 2015 TG387, is further corroboration of the work of Brown et al (analysis of the orbits of Sedna and several other TNOs), covered in this thread, which suggests a planet of Earth mass (or greater) orbiting around 10-50 times further out than Neptune.

18. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

Prefer Ribble.

19. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Well the theory states it is supposed to be coming at us from the south, you'd need to be south of the equator to see it, so that takes out all amateurs based north of the equator. Maybe the ones in the South aren't reliable, or are bumped off, or are paid off, or ridiculed. Also it wasn't supposed to hit us, just get so close the magnetic field would lock on to ours and cause Earth to flip over as it passed by. Queue scenes a la the movie 2012. Nice.

20. Signal 11

There was never any theory, just the warmed up remains of the earlier scam from 2003. The "coming from the south" claim was not the result of any observation. It was simply a lame attempt to make excuses for the fact that there was nothing there, when it would have been plainly visible if it were real.

What a load of fucking bollocks. Some of the most well known and respected amateur imagers are in Aus, NZ and SA, along with thousands more who would be plenty capable.

21. nuffsaid

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just clarifying what the nutjobs stated. If you're going to ridicule an idea, get the idea right.

Sea Star likes this.
  22. Signal 11

No you were not. You quoted the correct part of the post by xes and claimed he was wrong by using the same arguments they did.

23. nuffsaid

He was incorrect in assuming any amateur astronomer would be able to see an incoming Planet X, I corrected him by saying (as per the idea) that wouldn't have been the case as Planet X was supposedly coming at us from the south, thereby ruling all amateur astronomers from the northern hemisphere, which I'd imagine would be the majority.

And if you took that as some sort of agreement of said idea....that's your lookout.

The overall sentiment I wished to get across was - if you want to have a go at someones idea, no matter how wacky, at least get their idea right that you want to tear up.

I'm only talking about the post 2003 version as I hadn't even heard of it before then so was only aware of the 'from the south' view.

Sea Star likes this.
  24. Signal 11

Bullshit. He was correct - it would have been plainly visible.

25. nuffsaid

Not from the north of the equator. That's what I was trying to say. Can you see the southern cross from London? There's a reason you can't.

26. Signal 11

He didn't say you could see the southern cross from London.

He said if the claimed object were real, amateur astronomers would see it. And he was correct.

27. nuffsaid

Not from the northern hemisphere....good grief.

28. 2hats

2hats

(Setting whatever batshit idea that prompted this aside) Yes, some would see objects in southern skies - there are lots of professional quality robotic telescopes on line these days that amateurs make heavy use of and many have good views of the southern hemisphere.

29. nuffsaid

Well I was meaning. people in their back garden, without accessing any telescope in the Southern hemisphere. That's what I call amateur. I'm talking about the basic physics of line of sight that Signal 11 can't seem to get.

30. Signal 11

If it had been in the north, it would have been seen by people in the north.

If it had been in the south it would have been seen by people in the south.

It wasn't seen by anyone because it didn't exist.

The claim that it couldn't be seen because it was in the south was fucking stupid. As I explained to you in the first place.