1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places of interest around bristol.

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by on_the_fly, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Jayne Bradshaw

Jayne Bradshaw New Member

It's not a 'place of interest' but a ferry ride along the harbour could be fun.

2. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

You can pick up a key at the house that unlocks the Roman farmhouse site on Kings Weston Ave / Long Cross. In the shed there is kept a small collection of Roman items and mosaics.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Riklet likes this.
  3. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Couple of vinyards down near Wells with some decent wine now. English sparkling and decent bachus.

Wookey hole and Cheddar gorge.

Walks on the Mendips looking for shrooms!

Biking to Bath and even Bradford on Avon always fun if you wanna suffer a bit.

Went to Avebury last year too and really enjoyed it, bit twee but very interesting.

4. strung out

strung out (",)

I grew up in Lawrence Weston so had many a school trip to the Roman Villa as a kid :D

5. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Whoever's into quality beer, I have as good a list of the better beer-friendly Bristol pubs** as anyone does who doesn't live in Bristol.

**mainly central Bristol, but still.

Can offer highlights, if this is of any interest to people visiting Bristol. I organise an annual trip for pub 'research' :p from Swansea to Bristol for a few of our local CAMRA types.

big eejit likes this.