1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places of interest around bristol.

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by on_the_fly, Aug 30, 2004.

1. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Or cycling - in which case you can then pop over the bridge and make an interesting round trip around the Severn area ... the roads are nice and qyuiet on a Sunday .. and you can go quite a way just on dedicated car-free lanes.

2. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

Don't go and visit the fundamentalist christian bastards at Noah's Ark Farm.

Fuckers

3. teccuk

teccuk fire kills children

I hope there's at least a diversion in place on that footpath :confused:

On points of interest. Crappy train to Severn Beach is well worth the ride.

4. strung out

strung out (",)

seconded

5. butchersapron

butchersapron bring back hanging

6. teccuk

teccuk fire kills children

Lamplighter shut?! Aw man I used to go meet my mate who live in shire there on Thursdays. Used to get the crappy train back to Easton. The 22:22 ghost train. No-one got on, no one got off... but it stopped at each station, rumbling through the night... *mystical wind noises*

7. joe666

joe666 Member

We have a talk coming up on the 18th of Jan. Its a talk about how animal testing doesn't work and it will be held at the arc bar.More details here.
    http://www.bristolanimalrights.org.uk/news/truthjuice.html
    I've not been to the arc bar before so i don't know what it's like their but i'll go and have a look when i get chance and see if i can recomend it here.

8. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Oh joy ...

9. joe666

joe666 Member

see you there gentle green ;-)
    I'll buy you a drink if you turn up.

10. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

So which scientists are speaking ?

Any whose publications I could at least skim ?

11. joe666

joe666 Member

12. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

13. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

I think I saw him last Sunday when I popped down to Bath for a ride - I wondered what was going on...

14. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

15. mansonroad

mansonroad Member

would definitely recommend the cube microplex cinema on dove street south near stokes croft. quite hard to find but a gem of a place, went to a zombie b movie showing there on friday and it was a right hoot.

16. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Seconded

Also went to the 'secret' bar at the top of park street last night, think its called Hyde & Co. Anyway, was actually at a wedding so was there for about an hour or so, but basically its set up like a speak easy, so you've got ring a bell, someone checks you out through a hole in the door before letting you in.

Inside, initially it kind of looked like a strip club, lots of red and black with very little light-but maybe thats just me.
    Drinks were a bit pricey, a bottle of beer and a glass wine came to 8.50, and i got the feeling that later on it ponsy student hipster cunts, but overall i quite liked it.

Anyone else been

17. butchersapron

NO

wankers and co. why did you even go there steve?

18. steveo87

I heard about it from a friend

19. butchersapron

she sound like a right knob

20. steveo87

How did you know it was a she?

21. butchersapron

seventh sense. Never lets me down.

22. Mr Moose

Mr Moose What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?

Surely anywhere in Bristol near water with a floating log is a must right now.

23. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Went to Stanton Drew when I was back in the south west. Suggested it to my dad, dont think he'd ever heard of it, and first I knew was a friend saying she went there for solstice sunrise.

Really recommended if you like going n looking at stone circle type things. No fucker there hardly n very pleasant countryside. Decent pub with a big garden too, which you'll struggle to stay away from cos some of the stones are in their garden!

Much more accessible from Briz than Avebury n Stone Henge btw. On the road out to the airport.

Riff likes this.
  24. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

Very clever mr. SPAMmer - though that's probably the first thing that comes up when you google "Bristol"

25. jakenbrisr

jakenbrisr New Member

Anyone noticed little black trees on the side of buildings? I've seen a few now.
    One in hotwells and one on north st to name a couple

26. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

27. jakenbrisr

jakenbrisr New Member

28. James Reed

James Reed New Member

Noahs Ark is amazing.. I've always been here..

29. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

We've been there once. my dad, a fundamentalist atheist, refused to go in and sat in the car, whereas I, with two zoo-happy kids to placate, went in.

I did however go to great efforts to drop the biggest turd possible in the bogs - my intention was to cost them as much in plumbers fees as they'd taken from me in entrance fees to this loon-fest.

Never been back.

rubbershoes likes this.
  30. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

I'm in London but this just came up on the Ian Visits blog newsletter for any of you in the Bristol area...

The abandoned railway tunnel used by the BBC in WW2

Looks really interesting, has anyone visited?

Open days this year on 21st May and 9th & 10th September.