Pictures and videos of people dancing

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Orang Utan, Oct 2, 2015.

1. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

I didn't think I was going to like this one when it started, but... some amazing jittery ankle stuff, and love the sense of fun, and such great stuff going on around him too :cool:

IC3D, Ming, Lupa and 2 others like this.
  2. DaveCinzano

Loose-limbed perfection :thumbs:

Ming, Lupa and ska invita like this.
  3. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

Disappointed that no one fell in the canal while navigating around him:(

Lupa and DaveCinzano like this.
  4. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Posted that upthread, love it to bits :thumbs: discovered that tune from this video, a slept on South African beat, play that tune out a lot, even as a last tune...crew favourite :cool: drops big on a system

albionism and DaveCinzano like this.
  5. ska invita

Street Player havent posted a new video for a year - really hope they come back. I think its the project of one particular choreographer/dance teacher? i think i read that, but forget now...love the looseness and improv in their videos

ETA:
    Here we go:
    Street Player is dedicated to bringing you the hottest new house music and the best young dance talent from across the world. Street Player is owned and operated by youth-led creative network Livity to do two things...

1. To help the best new and established house music producers, their record labels and their fans get more out of YouTube streams by creating simple, beautiful videos for tracks and remixes that would otherwise have no video at all.

2. To provide young people with paid training in video production, editing and social media in our offices in Brixton, Cape Town and Jo'burg, and showcase young dance talent to the world. If you are a music producer, label, dancer or you want to work in media and would like to get involved, please contact streetplayer@livity.co.uk

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  6. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

The afrobeats scene has loads of guerrilla dancers to popular songs. Here are three to the same song

7. DaveCinzano

I KNEW I'd seen a towpath bug-out vid somewhere before, was being lazy in not checking :D

8. DaveCinzano

Innit! :D

9. kalidarkone

I'd love to go to something likea this. I'm gonna give a dub night a go!

rutabowa, RhymnRzn and Numbers like this.
  10. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

I went to a Jah Shaka dance that was quite close to this vibe recently! They are very rare now tho, all the venues are shut (in london anyway)

11. passenger

passenger up and down...

Dancing it up in Dalston with good advice :cool:

Patteran, nogojones and blossie33 like this.
  12. kalidarkone

He plays Bristol every now and again and in fact the last dub night I went to he played-this was about 15 years ago. The dub nights on Bristol are not very diverse.
    Give me a shout if one comes up in London though:)

13. Duncan2

Duncan2 Well-Known Member

14. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

Next one is the carnival weekend saturday in august. Honestly its not quite the same as that vid as it is in a club so theres not as much space, but it is a close as you can get that still happens to my knowledge... just make sure to stay for the last hour or so

kalidarkone likes this.
  15. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

16. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Nice thread. Love dancing, watching or doing. The Lindy hop video posted earlier is one of my favourites. Watched loads of Hip hop and b-boy videos Sadly the clip below is probably what I would look like if I tried any of the moves.

Fez909, blossie33 and a_chap like this.
  17. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Another favourite. Love the way you can see so many different parts of the music in her moves.

Ground Elder and blossie33 like this.
  18. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Managed to find this again. It sort of ruined my love of b-boy/girl culture as most of their moves seem to have been stolen from these dancers.

danski, blairsh and Pickman's model like this.
  19. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

did some film cataloguing at the huntley film archives many years ago, fascinating place to work

Anju likes this.
  20. passenger

passenger up and down...

21. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

A whole load of people dancing and gurning. Dancing starts about 20 seconds in.

blossie33 likes this.
  22. I loved these two scenes from Gaspar Noé's film, Climax.
    Best if you watch the whole film though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Orang Utan likes this.
  23. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Longboard dancing popped up on my Facebook feed. Never heard of or seen it before. Find this little clip really relaxing.

Almor likes this.
  24. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

Nooooo, it's best to stop as soon as the dancing stops and leaving it right there!

Indeliblelink likes this.
  25. ska invita

i remember this classic skate film from my youth called public domain (1988) had some skate-dancing in it:
    check at 30 mins 30

...amazing the crap i remember from 30 years ago, but ask me what i did yesterday and id struggle

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  26. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Same here, can remember where and when I heard a song 30 years ago but if a TV ad break is longer than a minute I can't remember what I was watching.

27. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Bulla liberali in perpetuum.

I'm struggling to "get" this style of dancing - even more so with the Salsa I tried years ago - I found it a bit incongruous the way they fetishised hip-wiggling while not actually being in Cuba ....

28. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Bulla liberali in perpetuum.

Was shown this one yesterday.

danski and blossie33 like this.
  29. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

danski and gentlegreen like this.
  30. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

blossie33 and Indeliblelink like this.