1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographers that are a whizz with PhotoShop..

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by weltweit, May 7, 2017.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

UnderAnOpenSky and spitfire like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Clever, but I really hate this kind of stuff.

Mr.Bishie likes this.
  3. weltweit

Oh, I think they can be quite fun. Certainly I agree they are clever, no way do I have the photoshop skills to create pictures like these, nor the patience for that matter.

Any particular reason you hate them?

4. abe11825

abe11825 Like to take a cement fix

Interesting link, weltweit , but I feel like this type of editing takes away from people who really strive for great works of art. I give this whole genre of cartoon like / bubbly photo editing a lot of credit, don't get me wrong. However, I've seen other photographers wanting to self rely and hone in on their skills, rather than use software like PS to heavily mark up the photo. Loose editing to do minor corrections is one thing, but creating a work of art that is so over corrected that it looks fake is (in my opinion) not something I'd want to put on my wall. Make the photo look classy and elegant, not cheap and easy.

5. weltweit

I know a photographer whose images I usually love and he is both a proficient photographer and also a graphic designer by profession. He doesn't make fantasy images like the chap in the OP, but he does produce abstracts and sometimes it is unclear which features are from his camera and which from PS. What I take from this is I should probably spend some time improving my PS skills to get the most out of this hobby.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They generally just look cheesy and naff.

7. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

It's not my cup of tea. IMHO it has very little to do with photography. It just uses a camera as the starting point to create something fairly unpleasant.

editor, ViolentPanda and Mr.Bishie like this.