1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographers: let's hear about your set ups!

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by editor, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Nikkormat

Nikkormat Well-Known Member

Primary camera: Nikon F3HP.

Lens/Tripod/Flashgun etc: 24, 50 and 85mm lenses. Uni-Loc 1700 tripod, not used for years. Camera bag is a gas mask haversack lined with cut up camping mat.

What you like and don't like about the camera: The LCD in the viewfinder is a bit crap, tiny and at the top left of the frame. Otherwise it is perfect.

Secondary cameras (and what you use them for): FM2n, Nikkormat Ftn.

Plus and minus points of your other cameras: The FM2 would be great if it had a HP viewfinder, I can't get on with it with my milk bottle-like glasses. The Nikkormat is beautiful but has a dull viewfinder with no split-image, only microprism; it's okay in good light.

Ideal/dream camera set up: The F3HP is staying, but I'm saving for a Fuji XT-1. I like the X-Pros, but I like big viewfinders and am not sure I could get on with theirs.

Photo software used: GIMP, gThumb. I'm learning.

I share my photos on Instagram here.

2. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I bought a D500 a week or so ago, supplanting my D300. It's really good. I've set it to Auto ISO which I'd never have done before - within sensible parameters, the thing is pretty much ISO-invariant.

Lenses these days are:

- Nikon 18-200 VR
    - Sigma 10-20
    - Tamron 90mm Macro
    - Nikon 50mm f/1.8

At some point I might get the Sigma 150-600 or similar, and upgrade the Sigma 10-20 to the Nikon 10-20 VR.

3. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

New daybag for my mirrorless and nexus 7

[​IMG]
    for my hols in Spain ....all the zips are against the back ....And I've a ripstop inner liner that's also waterproof ,,,if it gets sliced ,,,,very low profile

alsoknownas and cybershot like this.
  4. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

Been using that bag for almost 2 weeks in spain ...a total recommend..a way more relaxed hol without having to be hyper aware on public transportation and crowds

5. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I'm a big fan of either getting bags with built-in waterproof liners, or buying a separate waterproof stuff-bag to use as a bag-liner. Saves a lot of tears, given how much electronic kit everyone carries nowadays.

6. kage

kage half past pasty

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Fuji X100F to replace my x100S which was pinched last year.

7. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

my digi camera these days is a fuji x-pro1.

for xmas i'm getting a polaroid slr 680 <squee> my sx-70 broke years back and i figured that was was my cue to stop, but square format polaroid is my favourite thing ever :D

8. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Mr Sony dropped by yesterday - With lots of potential new toys for our consideration:

[​IMG]

Hmmm....! :D

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Can I have some please?

pogofish likes this.
  10. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

I want them all..! :D

11. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

So I tried out a native lens on my gh4 for the first time yesterday (panny 25mm 1.7).
    Incredibly light, which made me realise how much weight I add to my rig using adaptor and ef glass.
    Nice enough lens, but...
    Focus-by-wire :( - completely kills it for me. I mean unusable (for video). That basically means that, as far as I can tell, the entire Panasonic and Olympus autofocus lens line ups are no go for me, which is a great shame.