1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographer Shoots Formula 1 With 104-Year-Old Camera

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by cybershot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

dessiato, spitfire, Chilli.s and 3 others like this.
  2. cybershot

how big!!

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's sort of impressive, but a bit pointless. I'd rather see the camera's landscape shots compared to a modern camera.

Sprocket. likes this.
  4. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

Fucking hashtags, man. Who can seriously bring themselves to actually write out all of those fucking hashtags? There's more fucking hashtag in that post than there is picture. #fucktags #fuckhashtags #hashtagfuck #hashtagscanfuckoff

editor likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

#likeyourstyle

6. cybershot

Don't shoot the messenger, do understand the value of them from an online marketing point of view. Someone is probably being paid a fair chunk of money to manage their social media presence.

7. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Nice pictures.

Just proves ultimate sharp isn't the most important thing.

8. abe11825

abe11825 Like to take a cement fix

Those are amazing. I'm not a big Moto fan, but just the fact the photographer took the time to take the photos, is pretty cool. I miss using a 35mm film camera, so seeing someone out there using a 104 year old Graflex is pretty ace in my book. :thumbs::cool:

9. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

Nice pics.

10. donkyboy

donkyboy Well-Known Member

Very good excuse to get free access to gp ;)

11. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Handheld, too!

abe11825 likes this.
  12. abe11825

13. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I've used some old cameras in my time (I'm privileged to own a 90-yr old Kodak rangefinder that uses an obsolete film, for which I made adapters so it would take 120 rollfilm), but even with modern film emulsions, the weight of the camera makes handholding an issue. That guy must have arms and shoulders like Superman!

14. abe11825

Oh wow, ViolentPanda - that's really cool about the Kodak camera. Lucky you were able to make adapters for it and try it. I hope the pictures came out okay. :) I agree - the weight of some of the older cameras are so heavy, that this guy must be Superman. :)

15. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I remember there was a guy who shot the Olympics with an 8x10 view camera.

There's a lot to be said for using unusual equipment to change the way you shoot and the type of picture you take, particularly I think in sports photography which lets face it can be pretty frickin dull otherwise. It's easy to say "oh just take different pictures with a DSLR" but sometimes you need to have something physical forcing you to change your instinctive behaviour.

I shoot protests with a manual SLR, fast 50mm lens and B&W film and it definitely means you take different pictures. Mind you, that's pretty uncontroversial now—I've seen people with all sorts of weird stuff, including an RB67 (if you don't know this, it's a big metal medium format SLR that weighs 6+ lbs and is generally used on a tripod rather than being something you run around with).