1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographer receives death threats

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Mr.Bishie, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie swallowing colours of the sound I hear

2. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Mishandled baby animals don't make good pics imo, they fail the cute test. Handled properly and it can be full of win, but the photos shown are not good imo..
  3. SheilaNaGig

SheilaNaGig Struggling and striving

Well they’re kind of interesting inasmuch as they’re a set up as super-cute and then subvert that with the thoughtless cruelty of the innocent child.

But it’s kind of laboured, and redundant really, when the internet is jam-full of stories about cruelty to animals, baby animals included.
  4. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie swallowing colours of the sound I hear

They’re really not interesting at all. As far as ‘laboured & redundant’ goes - this is an experienced photographer with over 30 years experience, who clearly has no moral bounds when it comes to artistic licence.
    fishfinger, Vintage Paw and editor like this.
  5. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

TBH I am surprised the images sold, who wants a pic of their child abusing an innocent animal?
    Thimble Queen and Manter like this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What kind of fucking dickhead thinks this is a good idea for a photo?
  7. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

What sort of parent wants that as a photo of their child?
  8. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Death threats are out of order. Photographer's a fucking twat.
    Manter likes this.
  9. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Also, parents who commission that sort of stuff are actually quite a concern
  10. Thora

Thora Differently Ethical

This. What weird photos. I'd almost wonder if there's a niche children hurting animals market for this rather than parents.
    Manter likes this.
  11. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I like em - like a Willy-Wonka-with-animals peek into the dead heart of America. If commissioning a family photographer with the best of intentions then it's probably not what you want, but if you're after a performance satirist, or even just a monument to your own horrible bratchild, he's right on it.
  12. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Doesn't sound like too bad a deal for the ducks, if the photographer is telling the truth when he says that they were destined to be Peking ducks but now get to go and live out their days on a pond after a few days of being occasionally manhandled by toddlers.