1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo competition: winners gallery!

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by editor, Dec 5, 2004.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've now posted up a brand new section dedicated to the fantastic photo competition here

Thanks to Alef for the images (and nagging!) and hiccup for the archive pages - I hope that the gallery does justice to al the fine work. With luck, it'll soon get a good listing in google and help publicise the work.

Note: I've left the urban75 copyright notice in as a precaution, but naturally I'm not claiming copyright! If anyone gets in touch regarding using the images, I'll obviously contact with the photographer

2. alef

alef Needs to take more photos

Thank you, editor! Seeing all the winning photos together is a reminder of just how varied and quirky the styles and tastes in photography can be... which also reflects the make up of the Urbanite community (and people in general).

Credit and thanks for this winner's gallery is also due to wiskey, she's the one who first started collecting together these photos and half of these would have otherwise been lost.

Also much appreciate hiccup's consistent work at collecting together the thumbnails:
    http://www.urban75.org/photos/comp/entries.html or now also
    http://theskyisbig.co.uk/u75/archive/u75archive.htm

Personally I think I'm destined to forever be the "Jimmy White" of the photo competition but then that keeps me motivated to try harder each new month. Pleased to see that Paul Russell has finally won, he's the Urbanite here who clearly is out and about and snapping hardest, oh and also has oodles of talent! Now, hmmm, fast food, time to start thinking about greasy burgers and fries....

3. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

Some top photos in that gallery! [​IMG]

4. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

:)

thanks Mike, that looks cool. its a shame we dont have all the winners.

nice work alef.

wiskers

5. Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan Systems Buster

Nice one Mike :D

But there seem to be some months seem to be missing, ie. Aug (simply summer by Dubber Dan) and Sept (water by Skydancer) 2003 and the May and June 2004 are round the wrong way (also wrong on the archive of thumbnails).

Also the June 2003 pic is being reshaped to fit the window. It shouldn't be so wide but should be more square

Other than that tops. Tis really nice to be able to see the winning pics all together at last :cool:

6. Paul Russell

Paul Russell Psychogeographer

Nice to see them together. Didn't realise that (s)Kim won twice in row.

7. alef

alef Needs to take more photos

The first two times she entered as well! :eek: :D

8. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Thanks man.

Just makes the guilt of not donating worse - I will get around to it, promise! Just gotta get this uni lark out the way first.

9. Skim

Skim has retired

Thanks Mike – it looks great.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Right. I've added the new photos, updated the thumbnails, added the new pages, updated the index page - but I don't understand how the 'May and June 2004 are round the wrong way'. According to the archive links here - http://www.hiccup.f2s.com/u75/may.htm - they're the right themes for the right months - aren't they?

And now my hangover's come back.

:confused:

11. ill-informed

ill-informed passive aggressive master

thanks mike. An excellent addition to the site and you've made me even more determined to get a good picture for this month.

12. Firky

I gotta get in again too after I got first and second place that time, it is my mission to do it for fast food :D

13. sajana

sajana ting ting da ting

the gallery is an excellent effort. only realised that it posts only the winner... :(

which means now...one should be doing some extra effort to get on to the gallery???

Fine then. ;)

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's links to all the entries
    here

If I had to post up every single entry from every month, I'd never finish the thing.

15. suzi

suzi tum te tum te tum

hullo mike, long time no see :)

16. Firky

ah go on.... go on go on go on go on go on

go on ;)

17. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

Yeah 'kin delegate the job to Firky...kin students an' their life's sooooooooooo boring bollackas...make him make him make him! ;)

Chuffed to see "my" eyes...big chuffed in sad times...big big chuffed! :D

18. Paul Russell

Paul Russell Psychogeographer

19. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

20. Dubber Dan

Dubber Dan Systems Buster

Not so much me but more my missus. I'm the one you can see. But cheers for that Paul :D

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. Firky

puncation is for losers

d'd do it, I don't mind :)

student life is so fkin BORING it hurts

congrats on the bestest photo in the history of double you double you double you dot urban seventy five dot com

24. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Wow those are great, really inspirational. Thank you for making the gallery as I wasn't even aware of this.

25. bosco

bosco i'm a kimberly mikado

thanks for this mike. it's great looking back at some of the lovely photos from over the years.

btw - i've finally got my hands on an old mac to use with that film scanner, so i'll be able to scan the 2 or 3 photos of mine that somehow managed to win a couple of years ago.
    i'm probably too late though. poor wiskey has given up nagging me about it.

26. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

i have not - just not done it for the past week or so :p

your one of the bay deserves to be up there mate so sort it out!!

thanks paul :oops:

wiskers

27. dlx1

dlx1 Sitting by phone waiting for a call

yes good to see the over the year. Like to think I getting better :\

28. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

Cheers Mike, top effort as usual.

29. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

Thanks Mike for that gallery. Urban75 goes from strength to strength. An international photo competition has been an asset to the site since it was started and deserves to be flagged up.

Hocus Eye

30. jiggajagga

jiggajagga Judge_Mental