Peter Crouch

Discussion in 'football' started by sleaterkinney, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Chuck Wilson

Chuck Wilson Banned Banned

Crouch - not a top five Premiere team player in my book, Zenden runs around like a headless chicken, and John O Shea is fast becoming a young David May Overated squad player who might pick up the occasional medal at a team that does well but not the sort to add anything to a team.

I thought Morientes was the big name striker???

2. aylee

aylee In exile in Haringay

He was another one that Graham Taylor signed for Villa. And who was shit. :rolleyes:

3. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

There's some real crap in the England squad fringes

If AC Milan had won the Champions League...would they be getting out the chequebook for Crouch?

Infact would any European side who want to be taken seriously buy him?

(Visions of Shepherd and Souness on BE flight to Southampton...fuck)

4. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

I thought Morientes was the big name striker???[/QUOTE]

Indeed he is....but if, as I suggested, if Baros (and maybe Cisse) leaves then Mozza would be the only 'big' striker and at least one more (not Crouch) would be required.

Have to disagree with you about O'Shea. Every team needs a slim Peter Kaye lookalike.

5. mmmSkyscraper

mmmSkyscraper Banned Banned

Cisse is going nowhere. Baros will be off though. O'Shea is crap. Crouch is not good enough for us.

Next?

6. Paddor

Paddor Well-Known Member

benitez must like having a big battering ram up front to be able to cope on his own and bring others into play, didn't he have carew up front with valencia ? I still dont really approve of crouch, but i'd trust Rafa's knowledge. Mintal or Luque would be more exciting

7. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

Lucque is today's rumour.

8. Chuck Wilson

Chuck Wilson Banned Banned

Have to agree with the syscraper on this that Cisse will be going no where but as you say Baros will be off and that will leave a gap.But what sort of striker? You can have Kezman or Carlton Cole in exchange for Alonso.

O'Shea :D

9. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Yep, Valencia had Carew upfront when they were successful - although it should be pointed out that when they won the league they had scored less goals than 2 of the relegated teams and bored their way to the title.

Made George Graham's Arsenal team looking like Brazil 1970 :D

Luque might work, but he's not exactly set La Liga alight...wouldn't even rate him in the top 10 strikers in the league from what i've seen. Dunno why Rafa doesn't go for Tamudo if he insists on buying a spaniard, or even Saviola...he's not happy at Monaco and could be pretty handy

10. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

It gets better. Southampton have rejected the bid but Liverpool are expected to offer £6.5 million today. They've denied interest in Luque but kept their mouths shut about Crouch! :D:D:D:D

11. g force

g force Affects Shatner's Basoon

Thing is, I reckon Crouch would be a better bet than Luque :eek: No, really...he's got experience of the league and can unsettle defenders. I can't see Luque and Morientes/Cisse working as a partnership.

Certainly you'd think Morientes - Cisse would be the preferred starting line up but Crouch on the bench would be handy. But £7m? I don't think so...you could get Saviola or Raul Tamado for that!