1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PETA - What a bunch of dicks

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Bungle73, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bungle73

Bungle73 I was there, now I'm here

2. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

I am pretty sure no one forced him to spend his own money on court costs in defending this case. Should have just public domained the pic when the Wikipedia thing happened. I suppose he felt he had to prove a point even though no lawerys found it interesting enough to do it pro bono.

3. alan_

alan_ Well-Known Member

geddit

4. alan_

alan_ Well-Known Member

Also Ive changed my mind about the vegan thread, I want to eat them if they (or their representatives) are gonna get all uppity

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

PETA really don't speak for anyone other than themselves.

gentlegreen likes this.
  6. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

On again, PETA being an utterly awful bunch of cunts, is hardly news.

7. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

This is more complex than the article makes clear. PETA are actually after the money. They are trying to gain control of the image rights and any money from it so that they can 'administer it on behalf of the monkeys of Indonesia'. Cunts.

muscovyduck and gentlegreen like this.
  8. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Seeing as PETA's argument seems to be that monkeys are people too, and if they win, it would be amazing if someone then counter sued saying that the monkeys are perfectly capable of administering it themselves. Just put a huge pile of cash on the exact spot in the jungle where the "selfie" was taken, stick a camera there and watch what they do with it.

9. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

I understand klf are on the case

10. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

bit harsh, he's a professional photographer trying to make a living who was having his most famous (& potentially lucrative) work put into the public domain without his consent.

muscovyduck and dylanredefined like this.
  11. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.