Performance Poetry Gigs

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by sojourner, Sep 7, 2018.

1. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Heya - thanks for all your help with finding venues for gigs for me a few months ago. I've got 3 lined up now, if you fancied it? Here's the info:

Friday 5th October, 7-9pm, The Bread and Roses, Clapham Manor St, free entry (pay as you feel)

Saturday 6th October, 7-9pm, Housmans Radical Booksellers, free entry (pay as you feel)

Sunday 7th October, 7.30 onwards, Bar48, Brixton, free entry (pay as you feel)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

editor, cuppa tee and twistedAM like this.
  2. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Bar 48 is not Brixton but Oval end of Brixton Road, close by St Marks church and Oval Tube.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    sojourner likes this.
  3. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

You must mean St Mark's.

kalibuzz likes this.
  4. kalibuzz

kalibuzz downtown

North Brixton still, SW9

sojourner likes this.
  5. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Thx.....post amended...

OK....but a bit of a walk from Brixton Town I'm sure you'll agree.

6. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

North Brixton is historically a distinct area created by the late Victorians to differentiate themselves from the riff raff of Kennington.
    A bit like Clapham Junction, which had it been named in 1950 would surely have been called Battersea Junction.

sojourner, cuppa tee and quimcunx like this.
  7. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Welcome to Brixton sojourner. Make sure you've got a poem dealing with historical and current postcode demarcation to ensure you hit it off with your audience.

8. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

:D:D:thumbs:

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I gave you a little plug in the local paper listings. Do you want me to post it up here?

madolesance likes this.