1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People stealing police hats

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by HoratioCuthbert, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

1. HoratioCuthbert

HoratioCuthbert Lies, lies

Wee examples of direct action for those seeking respite from The Police Punching People thread.

The cheeky faced Millwall fan

Iranian motorcyclist, pretty ballsy!

Liverpool :)

And Denmark!

2. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

The feelgood thread of the year :cool: :thumbs:

3. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Bertie Wooster: Ah! What ho, Sir Watkyn?
    Sir Watkyn Bassett: Kindly do not address me in that familiar way, Wooster. I happen to know that, once again, you yield to the awful temptation to steal a policeman's helmet!

PippinTook and colacubes like this.
  4. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Bless the Danish cop. He's more worried about his receding hairline than the affront to the dignity of the Danish state.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Weird how cops get so funny about their hats being stolen in public but they'll just leave them hanging up all over the place in police stations, where some impulsive teenager there on other business could just put one in their backpack and walk out with it. Allegedly.

6. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

At the Castlemorton common festival/rave in 1992, there was a crusty wandering around wearing a police helmet & police fluorescent vest, selling acid. :D :D

7. Mordi

Mordi Nihilist against nothing

I'm loving how pleased with himself the Millwall chap is. He can't wait to get it home to show his mam.

8. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

Mate of mine has a pair of plod handcuffs acquired when about half a dozen Manchester filth charged into a crowd of protestors to nick some fleeing youth and then realised that the crowd was made up of people who didn't want this lad to get nicked and didn't much care for coppers. Much shouting and shoving ensued as everyone realised that yes, the stupid fuckers had barged into a crowd of 100+ angry people with no backup and yes, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to put the boot in.

The coppers eventually scrabbled their way out again, looking like they were all in need of clean underpants and without a hat or a baton between them. In their dishevelled state they didn't notice the lad they'd been chasing slip past them and stroll off back the way he had come, having dipped into a pub and borrowed a change of clothes off someone :D

9. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

I got given a sweater by the police (and a hot chocolate).

Does that count?

HoratioCuthbert likes this.
  10. spitfire

spitfire Toast

My mum and dad have a picture of my brother aged about 6 months being held by Dominic Behan wearing a Garda hat "liberated" from a garda at the burning down of the British Embassy in Dublin.

I would ask for a picture of it but think my explanation of wanting it may not meet the rules of disclosure in my dad's eyes......

Burning The British Embassy

Video: British Embassy Burns

11. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

At the colchester poll tax riot in 1990, the cops blocked the route along main high street. In response, the march simply bypassed the police line by going through the pedestrianised shopping precinct instead. Realising what had happened two brave plod tried to stop the about 4000 people marching past WH Smiths and on to the poll tax office. As the crowd surged around they stood there rather forlornly with their arms outstretched.
    A certain young man (;)), finding himself directly behind one of the said constables could not resist the temptation and pushed the tit hat of his head where it rolled away into the crowd of protesters. The copper ran to try and retrieve it but ending up making an arse of himself instead, running to and fro as people started playing footie with his lost helmet.

gawkrodger, Mation, Sprocket. and 6 others like this.
  12. Pickman's model

Pickman's model amid a crowd of stars

Boycey and i saw lots of flying police hats at the anti-gentrification do in brixton a couple of years back, outside the town hall it looked liked they were jumping off coppers' heads :D

13. Pickman's model

that shows a nice spirit :cool:

Poi E and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  14. sealion

sealion Marilise Legijuana

You weren't tripping at the time were you :D

15. sealion

When he got home the old bill and a cunt with a camera from the sun newspaper were waiting for him.

16. Pickman's model

:mad:

crossthebreeze and sealion like this.
  17. sealion

Anyway the old bill took a severe beating at Wembley that day on the concourse. Unarmed and squealing like pigs as the punches and boots went in :cool: I've never felt so happy and satisfied after watching us lose a game of football.

18. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

No, that came AFTER his assistance! :thumbs: :D

sealion likes this.
  19. sealion

Now that's how you should be charged by the old bill :D

Pickman's model and cupid_stunt like this.
  20. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

Pan!K did such wicked raves. I miss those days.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  21. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  22. Red Sky

Red Sky It was like that when I got here.

We stole a helmet and a riot shield from inside a cop van while we were being bussed around to look for a missing child.

This abominable moral outrage was slightly redeemed when they were raffled in aid of the local hunt Sabs.

Kaka Tim, Mordi and Pickman's model like this.
  23. Tim from Xbones showed up at the meet for Brett Youngs' memorial party in full riot gear purloined from a van, (it was a fancy dress do). The meet was at the Mucky Duck in Ockham, Surrey's finest turned up, saw Tim and laughed, they followed the convoy to the Sussex border and left it, Sussex plod didn't show up once even though the party was still going when we left at 3 the next afternoon :thumbs:

24. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Not coppers, but close. In Berlin new years eve 89/90 when the wall was coming down we were walking along the bit between the Cafe Adler and where the Brandenburg Gate is. There were some large holes in the wall going down the middle of the road and each one had East German guards on the other side to stop pissed westerners going through them into the no man's land/wire/mines/dogs. The walls were about a meter thick with steel bar reinforcement that had also been cut. The idea was to make a noise to get the guard looking into the hole then grab his fur hat knowing that he couldn't come through to chase or shoot us. One bloke did get one but a passerby pointed out that the kid on guard would probably be in the shit for losing it so we chucked it back through.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:22 PM
  25. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

"Mate" got one at Wapping. Flat cap not pointed tit. Aren't they higher up/worth more on eBay?

crossthebreeze likes this.