People Just Do Nothing

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by D'wards, May 31, 2014.

1. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Amazing, I just found it.

Lavender Hair & Beauty Ltd: Home

I love that they wrote in that bit where Miche doesn't understand what a Lavender flower is and just thinks it's a colour. I might go get my hair cut there. Only £22 for a gents wash and cut :thumbs:

krtek a houby likes this.
  2. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Make sure you haven't got any "ting" in your bag

skyscraper101 likes this.
  3. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

It's on the internet!:thumbs:

4. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

'This is an SOS...'

:D:D:D

5. skyscraper101

There's so many subtle blink and you miss it stuff I love going on. Like the Kurupt Schedule on the white board, if you pause it you see that between 6 and 8pm they just play 'Adverts' :D and there's some other DJ's called 'Phobia', 'Therapy' and 'Fusion' and Decoy has a 'bashment' set too.

I also love how how Decoy does that looking to the camera with a slight smile when Grindah's freaking out about going to jail.

blossie33 and Fozzie Bear like this.
  6. D'wards

So it's Tony and Kevin

7. souljacker

souljacker innit

I'm pretty sure I know what you'll look like when your done.

[​IMG]

8. Beats & Pieces

Just ask for Mich.....

souljacker and blossie33 like this.
  9. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

The "What's your stance on Garage" scene was pure PJDN gold :D

Sometimes there's a lot of shit lets laugh at the boys being dicks (esp to the women) but Steves (and the above) have been on top form :cool:

blossie33 likes this.
  10. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

Yes, the series seems to get better and better - was so funny!
    I think it's very well written (by cast members I think?)

The realistic way Grindah was sulking when he was jealous was brilliant:D

11. skyscraper101

When you boil down the main characters, Decoy and Roche are probably the only ones who aren't totally deluded in some way. They're both still flawed to some extent because they hang in there - Roche in some belief that Beats will be more of a man and a good father figure, and Decoy because he either can't be arsed to do anything better, or he still believes the Kurupt is going somewhere, or quite possibly he still wants to be a part of Angel's life so uses Grindah/Kurupt as an excuse.

I love the minor characters too. DJ Fantasy who's always in the background and barely gets a line. Weapon X the other white guy who's occasionally in shot just getting stoned. And Chabuddy G's mate Abdi, who you hardly ever see but you know he's just a poor guy who gets used like Steves. And Steves's Nan :cool:

camouflage likes this.
  12. skyscraper101

I love Miche's jealously too when Decoy brings round his girlfriend 'Becky'. And Grinda's when he doesn't get to ride up front of the car. Classic.

13. D'wards

"Disgusting freaks with sleeve tattoos and women's jeans and that" :oops:

14. skyscraper101

Thought the last episode was the weakest actually, but it's been mostly excellent. They need to shift the plots back to Kurupt FM and Chabuddy's crap business ventures without caricaturing everyone too much.

Jeff Robinson likes this.
  15. Beats & Pieces

It is an odd show in some ways, taking 'The Office' and using it as a template with some rather complex class and race issues.

16. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

Think I mentioned it before but it reminds me of Only Fools & Horses.

Other mockumentary series I like are Modern Family & Parks & Recreation. Both went off the boil, eventually.

17. souljacker

souljacker innit

Agreed. I think the 'deluded loser' thing is funny on Chabs but less so with Beats and Grinder. Mich's story was funny though. Her boss and colleagues are fucking arseholes. They were setting her up to fail with the drinks.

18. skyscraper101

Got a bit creepy with the teen girls I thought.

19. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Brilliant, pretty muched watched the lot in 3 evenings. Trailer Park Boys meets the Office.:cool:

20. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

I didn't think so. It was cringy af though.

21. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

I don't agree.
    They seemed to be genuine in the invite. And miche went a bit overboard on her own terms

22. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

"This is going to be the best night ever".

23. skyscraper101

My favourite line from the whole show is when Beats is being asked by the director if he likes older women

Beats: "I get whatever I can, to be honest with you, and it just so happened that Roche liked man, so I just went true on it."

Craig: "What?"

24. salem

salem Well-Known Member

In the last episode when he's staying at Beat's house I thought it was quite a nice and subtle touch that he didn't have the usual gelled fringe.

pjdn.png

25. mrsfran

mrsfran Slightly less bulbous

I'm in W13 too! And I get my hair cut at Orange Chat, which you can see opposite Lavenders in many shots. And my hairdresser is quite a lot like Miche :hmm:

26. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

My mate Wookie is doing a Kurupt FM show in Brixton.

27. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

:D I was trying to work out which pub the boys had their "garage" chat in, the other week. It's not The Forester, I know that...

28. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

"I don't want any fucking ham..." :D

dolly's gal likes this.
  29. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

"Haha look they got soup! who eats soup?!"

krtek a houby likes this.
  30. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Just watched the latest.

In tears, what a great finish.