Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People Just Do Nothing

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
Anyone been watching this? Mockumentary about a pirate radio station in west London.

iplayer exclusive I think. Its spot on, and very funny. They get those sort of lads off perfectly - would like to know what they are like in real life.

From looking at the credits, its written by Steves and MC Grindah, who are the two thickest ones in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01xw0zf/people-just-do-nothing-1-secret-location

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
The lack of interest in this thread displays maybe this programme is very little-seen, which is a real shame.

I hope they end up showing it on BBC3, as it funnier than every other programme they have shown.

Oddly though, the subject is pure BBC3 - weed smoking, grunge-mc urban "yoot", strangely the humour is more BBC4

blossie33

trailer trash
Yes I've watched it on the iPlayer.
It caught my eye as I'm a fan of pirate radio, thought it was very funny.
I would guess that the guys who wrote it must have a good idea about the scene, do you think they MC in real life?

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
I don't know a lot about that music, but they seem to know what they are doing, in the same way Spinal Tap did I suppose.

That "Get Out The Way" tune they play seems as good to me as any other grime? garage? song

salem

Saw the first episode of this on iplayer, wasn't expecting to like it at all but very well done IMHO

WWWeed

Bandwidth Bandit
Anyone been watching this? Mockumentary about a pirate radio station in west London.

iplayer exclusive I think. Its spot on, and very funny. They get those sort of lads off perfectly - would like to know what they are like in real life.

From looking at the credits, its written by Steves and MC Grindah, who are the two thickest ones in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01xw0zf/people-just-do-nothing-1-secret-location
Did you know this is isn’t just made up, but is a parody that is based on real people?

I don't know if anyone remembers a documentary a few years back called 'Towerblock dreams', which among many things featured a moron rig thief called 'killer':

'MC Grindah' is based on killer. They haven’t even changed the name of dj beats!

Last edited:

ska invita

back on the other side
been following it from the start but i dont know, this last proper series i found a little depressing - Chabudz particularly is a great character and all, but all the stuff with his wife cheating on him was just sad. Im not sure they can ever develop it much further than what theyve done already, and its already got a bit samey.

IIRC
there were the original episodes
a bunch of How to DJ/MC/Promote tutorials for Mixmag
This latest round of episodes for BBC

Did you know this is isn’t just made up, but is a parody that is based on real people?
oh shit :D i didnt know that....not sure how i feel about that
I did hear the guy who plays Sniper was a real MC on radio though

Last edited:

Jeff Robinson

been following it from the start but i dont know, this last proper series i found a little depressing - Chabudz particularly is a great character and all, but all the stuff with his wife cheating on him was just sad. Im not sure they can ever develop it much further than what theyve done already, and its already got a bit samey.
I also found that quite depressing when I first viewed it, but when I thought about it retrospectively I thought it was hilarious: 'every thug needs a real bitch... and she's a real bitch' :D It was good they didn't return to that plot line in the following episodes though, as it was pretty depressing! I did think that the first episode was easily the strongest and none of the others quite lived up to it. Chabudz is clearly the highlight but I also love Steves - the scene where he applies for the crisis loan had me pissing myself.

salem

I watched the 4 episodes for a second time and I think in many ways it reminds me of only fools and horses in how it can be very funny and quite touching within a minute of each other.

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
Just watched all four eps (and then some of the old stuff on youtube). Very very funny. Best thing BBC Three have put on in ages.

Ted Striker

Foot's on the other hand
This is proper aceness. Been waiting for it to fully reach it's popularity, up there with the best of them IMO :cool:

Adds an extra dimension to the over earnest-ness of (srs) Garage people MCing UKG straight faced.

Exhibit A@ Viper(?) 42:40-43:30. It's like he's auditioning for PJDN :D: