1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peckham Town FC

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by pompeydunc, Mar 22, 2015.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

editor likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

So why is the game at Coldharbour again? What happened to the 'new' main pitch? And what's wrong with the second pitch?

Good to see the Chair of the Trust is encouraging Hamlet fans NOT to attend a match that Gavin Rose himself has requested, and is part of the Club's celebratory end-of-season weekend.

Scutta likes this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

He hasn't suggested anyone attends the match at Farnborough, only the first one.

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Not only suggested, he's given orders to be there.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, you're right, technically. But by mentioning the fixture I'd read into it he wants people to be there as well.

Which fans are quite entitled to do, of course.

Is it like last season, where they can win the league, but won't be able to get promoted because the ground has been sorted?

Given the choice, though, a fun afternoon at Champion Hill, with a bouncy castle for kids, and a pop-up Dulwich Hamlet Museum in the afternoon for adults; followed by the Player-of-the-Year presentations in the Club House & unwinding in the bar with our players...as opposed to standing in a windswept open ground in Kent, hardly 'local' for a Peckham away game...I know what my choice would be... ;)

But then...I've already seen a game at Farnborough before.. ;)

Can't recall the bus number, but a bus goes right past their ground from Bromley South station, think it might be a 358 to Orpington, from memory...nice club house there...

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Well not really, as he pointed out that there is an event at our own ground. It's a thread about Peckham Town, a local club that many people will take an interest in, and they might clinch their league title that day. It would be odd not to mention it.

I might go to the 'home' game this weekend as I'm looking for a game to do. (Would have considered St Albans v Dartford in Conference South, where the home team need a result to stay up and it's a nice town for a game and a pub crawl, but not with their £15 admission charge.) The following Saturday I'll be at Champion Hill as unfortunately I'm unable to do the Lionel Best charity game the following day.

pompeydunc and clog like this.
  7. pompeydunc

I would like to strongly suggest that you go to watch the supporters' team game at Champion Hill tomorrow. By no means do I think you should support Peckham Town away in a gripping title decider tomorrow in leafy Kent, when the sun will be shining and the ground has a lovely looking pub right next to the ground. Don't do this people...

I don't suggest you read this link with more information about the title decider. There is nothing for you to read here.

8. AndyDHFC

AndyDHFC Well-Known Member

Whilst (obviously) people should go to Champion Hill, I still have to say well played that man.

9. EDC

FOBG v PT 070516.jpg Brutal match in front of a really good crowd nearing 200 by full time. Finished 1-1.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Pink Panther, darryl, Noss and 4 others like this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Was that the title blown for the second year in succession?

For the glory, of course, I hear that they wouldn't have got promoted anyway, due to lack of ground facilities...(again)...

Unlucky, though, Peckham Town....

11. pompeydunc

We are going up!!!!

clog, darryl, Scutta and 5 others like this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Ah....is that you still doing their tweeting? Bless! ;)

Are they still at Southwark Sports, or is it at another ground while the upgrading is done?

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Does anyone here fancy writing a couple of paragraphs about this? I'd love to help promote the club more on Buzz.

pompeydunc likes this.
  14. pompeydunc

No.

They are playing at Pyners Close next season, which is across the road from the Menace Arena.

15. pompeydunc

I can do, but not immediately. Mid-July ok?

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Any time is fine. It would be good to give them a bit of press before the next season. :)

pompeydunc likes this.
  17. EDC

Does that mean Carib FC are getting kicked off?

18. pompeydunc

I don't think so as they play on Sundays. Think Peckham have signed a sub-lease from them...at least that was the intention.

19. Dulwich Mishi

I don't think senior football has been played there before....will be a good one for an early kick-off 'hoppers' game with a programme....

EDC likes this.
  20. Dulwich Mishi

I've seen football there many times, so will now add a 'tick' to my list...well I would if I counted my grounds! ;)

21. EDC

Does walking the dog on it count as a new ground ?

22. Dulwich Mishi

It can...if you want it to....

23. EDC

Cool. There was a match going at the time so I don't feel I've cheated.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  24. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

shouldn't this thread be in the main football forum>?

25. Dulwich Mishi

Agree...but I guess people like pompeydunc seem to think there's an affinity between our clubs!

How about a section on here, to encompass all, on 'Hamlet fans other clubs'? ;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Scutta likes this.
  26. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Just seen they have been promoted to kent county league premier division. Can anyone confirm?

27. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, pompeydunc has done so...and it's also official of sorts on the Kent County League website.

28. Scutta

btw this wasnt a shitty comment at pompeydunc more as in suggestion to help promote Peckham...

29. Dulwich Mishi

A shitty comment at pompeydunc ? Perish the thought...such a thing would never cross my mind!

Mind you if he can support The Wanderers reckon I might re-form Townley Park! (AMF!) ;)

Scutta likes this.
  30. Scutta

:D:D