Peckham Town FC

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by pompeydunc, Mar 22, 2015.

1. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

2. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

He must be a busy boy, playing for Peckham Town, Peckham United & Peckham All Stars. Now the Nigeria call up too!

3. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Need a final football fix to try and slightly recover from yesterday's disappointment? Then look no further than Peckham Town this Saturday 6 May when they will be taking on Somaliland in an international charity friendly. All the info is here. Entry and program by donation.

I have been fortunate that my job led me to travel and visit Somaliland several times between 2006 and 2009, and I have maintained an interest in the country since. The Somaliland FA got in touch with me to see if I could help organise them a charity friendly to raise funds for the devastating famine that is currently afflicting Somaliland and surrounding countries. Very pleased that Bryan and Peckham Town jumped at the chance.

It would be fantastic to see as many familiar faces as possible at the Menace Arena this Saturday. I hope you can make it. Feel free to sign up to the Facebook event, so we can get an idea of numbers.

Up the Menace / Somailand nasb wacan.

[​IMG]

vornstyle76, JimW, darryl and 2 others like this.
  4. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Hoping to get to the game on Saturday!

pompeydunc likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  7. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

8. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

10. pompeydunc

11. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

DonkeyAssessor likes this.
  12. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Worth pushing the boat out for that one !

13. DonkeyAssessor

Fish 2 Cray 3 attendance 88

14. Dulwich Mishi

Um, that would've made it a Fish-Cray fixture then... ;)

mick mccartney likes this.
  15. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

...i knew it would be you . then i thought , no, he's a poet ,he'll know what poetic licence is ...

16. pompeydunc

17. Dulwich Mishi

Actually I'm not a poet, I'm just an ordinary working class bloke who tries to write poetry. It's all just words to me... ;)

18. Dulwich Mishi

Oh dear...could it not have been switched to fisher, as they have an all-weather pitch? Perhaps that was already booked? Even shorter notice than Lewes!

19. DonkeyAssessor

Overfished.

20. Dulwich Mishi

No mention at all on the Peckham Town website, to say this game was on, or is off. Both the Fisher website & the Kentish Football website still have it down as a fixture. Not sure if it's been cancelled already on Twitter, as I don't use that.

21. pompeydunc

Looks like Peckham Town will have a few midweek games in April and May. They have 12 games to play - five have been fixed for upcoming Saturdays (and Easter Monday), two for midweek games, so there are five left to be arranged. There is one home game that doesn't clash with a DHFC game, which has been announced already:

WED 25 APR 2018 18:30 - Peckham Town v Metrogas

Ground is located just off the South Circular by Dulwich Common. The P13 goes past the entrance. Map is here. Entry is FREE.
    Full fixtures are here.
    League table is here.

If you have not been before, then worth checking out David Bauckham's great series of photos from a game in 2015. Since then, the team have moved back to the main pitch with a covered terrace behind on end, which you can see here.

Nivag, Pink Panther, EDC and 2 others like this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

And if anyone fancies any other local early kick off Kent County League fixtures, not just Peckham Town, here's the place to look:

Forthcoming Fixtures - Kent County Football League

All games tend to be free to watch at that level, not just Peckham Town. So no need to apply for their free season tickets, if they still do them.

Undoubtedly more will be released later for May.

With regard to your link, as far as I am concerned David Bauckham is a photographic genuis. His website is one of the best, you won't be disappointed if you flick through his other posts.

Nivag and editor like this.
  23. pompeydunc

Still want more* football**? And free*** football at that, then Peckham Town have two**** more games. Come!

Home (SE21 7EU) vs Borden Village on Saturday 12 May at 2.45pm

Away (BR6 7BA) vs Farnborough OB Guild (near Bromley...not the place west of London) on Tuesday 15 May at 7pm *****

* other fixtures are available
    ** other sports are available
    *** other free football is available
    **** other numbers do exist
    ***** other dates and times do exist

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    jnrknight and Pink Panther like this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

Can't remember which one, but a bus goes past farnborough Old Boys Guild, possibly the 358.

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Is there a website/FB page with a bit more info?

26. pompeydunc

editor likes this.
  27. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Might do the home game on Saturday. Surrey v Yorkshire at the Oval starts on Friday but I'm already aiming for the first and third days and could do with a free morning on Saturday to get other stuff done.

pompeydunc likes this.
  28. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Saturday’s tempting . 3pm KO?

29. pompeydunc

2.45pm.

Pink Panther likes this.
  30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus