1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peckham news, rumours and general chat

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by not-bono-ever, Jul 2, 2010.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2. editor likes this.
  3. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Just a mention to those of you who live nearby that there will be Urban South London Drinks in a pub near Peckham Rye, just after xmas. For full details see the thread in the community forum or pm me.

Rutita1 likes this.
  4. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

5. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Rutita1 likes this.
  6. My barber is retiring after 50 years. i had a thick head of luscious hair when i started going. His Brother in law is holding the fort- give them some busness if you are SE15 based, times are tough at the minute

ska invita, oryx and iamwithnail like this.
  7. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

has that new posh pub closed down? I can't remember what it's called... Something House?
    I went past yesterday and lights were off.
    on the site of the old Hatton Arms? Was that it's name
    my memory is poor

8. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Dolls' House, or something, if you mean the Clayton Arms? I think it'd changed back to the original pub last I looked.

This chap? Google Maps

ska invita likes this.
  9. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Yes Dolls House...I thought thats what it was called but sounded too stupid in my head...back to Clayton Arms then...worryingly shut yesterday

10. iamwithnail

It is definitely a stupid name for a bar. :D

11. Appears that some cyclist got done by a left turning lorry at the Peckham rd/ Lidl junction at Burger king. No idea of state of rider but bike trashed. Lots of trucks in and out of the old highshore school site this week as clearing begins in earnest- maybe be careful in that area if you are cycling, at very least for the shit that will litter that section of road with the trucks.

mango5 likes this.
  12. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's a new Free Children’s After School Club at Brayards Estate, Peckham starting Monday 4th July 2016 and new community project "Brayards Estate Community Cohesion Project"
    Brayards Estate Tenants & Residents Association - BETRA Saturday Eco Club

14. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

15. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

and someone got stabbed in the HEAD in Dulwich Park. #Londonliving

16. Peckham

click on the link ans scroll down through the peckham themed stories - virtually every second story is a stabbing or a death

17. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

It appears you can put lipstick on a pig - but it's still a pig though.
    [​IMG]

18. iamwithnail

Blenheim grove's still shut.

19. 26 year old bloke KIlled- rumours & stories abound due to the amount of people around, will not post them heres obvs

20. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

26-year-old father of four, Bilal Kargbo, who lived in Borough and was a former student at Walworth School, now Walworth Academy, on Old Kent Road, was fatally stabbed in the centre of Peckham on Friday 28 April 2017. He died at the scene after receiving two stab wounds to the arm and chest. and was pronounced dead at 3.51pm after collapsing in Blenheim Grove, less than 250 yards from the mobile phone shop where he worked on Rye Lane.

22 year-old Parish Ofoeme, of Burrage Road, Greenwich has been charged with his murder and possession of an offensive weapon.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Help pay for the funeral of Bilal Kargbo

[​IMG]

The Late Bilal Kargbo

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. iamwithnail

Meant to put this in here.

The development at 38-44 Rye Lane (corner of highshore), where they want to put 28 flats in (now 27, what a concession!) and double the height of the building to six stories is back out for consultation. Grateful if other locals could object, it'll be a fucking eyesore and set an awful precedent in terms of height. There's no social housing/affordable in it either, as far as I can tell.

https://t.co/oiYAOyTh9m

mango5 likes this.
  23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Any illustrations of the proposed development?

24. iamwithnail

Annoyingly, the planbuild section of southwark's site is slow running/not working just after I clicked that. (Hopefully it's being swamped by objections), I'll dig the elevations out at lunch, think I have them on my laptop from looking at them last week...

editor likes this.
  25. iamwithnail

Happily realised that it is, in fact, lunchtime. 8)

You'll notice there's no in-situ renderings of it, as would normally be the case. Wonder why that is?

Attached Files:

26. Southwark planning site is well flaky - I usually have to try a couple of browsers to get through. The project sounds appalling though

27. iamwithnail

Looks like the Clayton Arms has become this - Prince of Peckham, hadn't seen in mentioned in here before.