1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peckham Levels: Pop Brixton team takes over Peckham's iconic multi-story car park

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Nov 6, 2015.

1. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

It looks a bit grim to me. The photo of the G-plan sideboard, standing there without any furniture friends in the cold, demoted to token vintage stage prop status, makes me sad. The globe tries to tell us maybe this could be a place for contemplation, the disco ball insists that there's fun. But it's just an unheated car park, never designed for either of those things, tarted up on the cheap.

Gramsci and sealion like this.
  2. SpamMisery

SpamMisery I bet you think this tagline's about you?

I think it looks whizzo. I'll be giving it a punt on the rare occasions I go to Peckham.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've had a think and this is my verdict:

It's just more of the same Pop Brixton stuff. Great if you like that kind of thing, one big yawn if you don't.

It's got little to do with locals and local culture and everything to do with beamed-in Blairite entrepreneurs, creatives and cool kids.

It could be Hoxton. It could be Brixton. It could be Dalston. Eating pricey pretend street food off paper plates while sat on a crappy DIY wooden chair in an old car park is not where I want to be.

But, yes, maybe I'm the one missing out...

Gramsci likes this.
  4. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

À Propos of something else entirely I've just learnt that the noted humanist atheist Euro-enthusiast philosopher A C Grayling lives in Peckham (at least according to Wikipedia).

I wonder if he will give it a go if tiring of writing and lecturing of an evening?

5. Borp

Borp remember

Apropos nothing I've seen him in a bathrobe in a flat in bloomsbury. :hmm:
    This was through a window while I was drinking outside at a pub I should add.

CH1 and teuchter like this.
  6. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Gotta say, I agree with you editor these box parks, model markets, food villages bore the absokute pants off of me. Don't get me wrong, id liked to have had the idea but theyre all two a penny now - guess im getting old :D

sw16er, Gramsci and editor like this.
  7. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Why do you come into Brixton Forum? This post, as all your posts here have been, is a deliberate wind up. Something you relish. Have you not anything better to do in your life except for trolling this forum?

For people like me what's happening to London is nothing to joke about.

Part of the problem with what's been happening to London is that people like you think its great. And think you can come on long established community orientated website like this to have a laugh at the losers.

You are the most objectionable poster I've come across in in Urban.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Carpet man and editor like this.
  8. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

The one good thing about Peckham Levels us that it means the Peckhamplex cinema is now safe from " redevelopment". It's the opposite to what's been reported here about Peckham Levels. Reminds me of why I like cinema.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017