PCN for driving in a bus lane on a Bank Holiday

Discussion in 'transport' started by Maggot, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

I got one years back that took a couple of months because it was a hire car and the process for the hire company to grass me up and the new letter go out took time. Just as I was relaxing thinking maybe they were just setting up the van in the layby and hadn't started working yet.

2. existentialist

existentialist Nearly there now; steady as she goes...

I think there's provision for that in the regulations - they will still regard service as having taken place at the point of the initial NIP being sent.

A380 likes this.
  3. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Maggot and Slo-mo like this.
  4. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

5. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Bastards. Money grabbing bastards. Just whose path were you blocking, what sort of issue did you cause? :facepalm:

Slo-mo likes this.
  6. Maggot

I didn't even stop in it. Traffic was free-flowing at all times.

7. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

8. RainbowTown

RainbowTown Well-Known Member

Common sense apparently prevails. Leicester Mayor promises to overturn/cancel the fine.

9. hash tag

hash tag never too old

I thought of this when I saw the driver in front of me go through a red light on the Wadsworth gyratory this morning and get flashed by a camera :facepalm::D

10. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

People who get caught should be made to memorise the Highway Code and recite it backwards.

There should be mandatory driving test resits for all drivers every five years - or every fortnight for Audi/BMW drivers.

keybored, cupid_stunt, maomao and 2 others like this.
  11. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Can't remember the car other than small and blue. It was a couple of fogies I think, as opposed to boy racers, drunks or Audi drivers. BTW. Neither I not anyone else was intimidating them. They were just totally distracted I think.

12. farmerbarleymow

Distracted? In that case revoke their licence as they're not fit to drive.

SpookyFrank likes this.
  13. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Spent the day doing good deeds, driving old people about and delivering food to them, my reward from God was getting flashed on the way home by a speed camera for doing the clearly dangerous speed of 30mph in what is now it turns out a shitty 20mph zone. Moaning on here is the nearest im going to get to justice. I don't think my planned Let Me Off It's Xmas appeal is going to work.

A380, DaveCinzano, Spymaster and 2 others like this.
  14. farmerbarleymow

It is a dangerous speed if the limit is 20. If I had to be hit by a car I'd much rather it was going at 20 than 30.

maomao and BigTom like this.
  15. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

If you have no recent speeding convictions you’ll be offered a speed20 course which you’ll do in about 4 months time. Which will be a waste of a morning but it’ll save you the points and the fine. Oh. Except the course costs about £100, the same as the fine. Been there, done that, last Christmas and last April.

Happy Christmas Ska.

Bahnhof Strasse, A380 and ska invita like this.
  16. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Going one and a half times the speed limit in newsie talk.

17. ska invita

I just knew someone was going to say that.
    The fact it's been 30mph for the last 50+ years, the fact it's a main road, the fact 200m up the road it goes back to 30mph again, the fact the road was empty as it was xmas, the fact the 20mph zone is utterly arbitrary, the fact they cynically stuck a speed camera on this stretch... Won't stop a You deserved it comment :thumbs:

18. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

Although if my understanding is right, you won't have to declare it to employer and / or insurance company like you would if you got points on your licence

A380 and ska invita like this.
  19. Maggot

Where was this? I haven't seen any 20 mph cameras.

20. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I'm guessing Bristol

21. ska invita

Croxted Road, which goes between herne hill and gypsy hill

heres the exact camera
    Google Maps

22. farmerbarleymow

No sympathy from me - think of the poor children and elderly that you might have mowed down by going at 30mph. :(

23. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

If he'd driven at 30 for long enough, he'd have been past them when they stepped out.

24. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Any sort of responsible driver would haha been going even faster

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  25. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

26. NoXion

NoXion It's been 600 years...

Why stop there? If going from 30mph to 20mph saves lives, which it absolutely does because as we all know, correlation always equals causation, then surely a further decrease to 10mph would save even more lives.

27. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

I know that road well. It’s narrow, residential and has a speeding problem. It should have a 20mph limit.

In fact I’m surprised it’s 30mph anywhere - is it because it crosses from Southwark into Lambeth?

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  28. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Spymaster, Maggot and BigTom like this.
  29. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

There's a pretty obvious causative pathway for lower speeds meaning fewer road deaths though so it's not like this observable correlation is surprising.
    And yes, further reductions in speeds would mean even fewer deaths. If you put the speed limit to zero and enforced it you'd have none at all, obviously.
    It's about proportionality:

[​IMG]

You make a big gain from 30 to 20mph which cannot be got from further cuts.
    The reductio ad absurdum of your statement, is why 30, why not have the residential limit at 40 or 50 or no limit at all?

A380 and farmerbarleymow like this.
  30. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

All non-TFL roads have been 20mph in Lambeth since 2016 and Southwark since 2015.