1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pavilion practice (Brighton terrace) gp's closing? Unit up for rent

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by princess_k, Mar 21, 2017.

1. princess_k

princess_k Well-Known Member

I just popped a repeat prescription through the door of, what is now, hetherinton practice, Brighton terrace and there's a big sign offering a medical unit for rent.

Is it the dental place behind the doctors? Or something else? And why? (Though if it's the old dentists I really don't need to ask why)

2. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Who is the agent? Maybe their website might say something.

That surgery is part of the Hetherington Road Practice as at 18 Hetherington Road.

Maybe they are "retrenching". I know the Water Lane Surgery has recently closed and the patients transferred to Herne Hill Surgery. Also the walk-in surgery at Gracefield Gardens is closing down on 31st March.

Don't want to alarm anybody - but check out the rates on offer at the Ackerman Surgery. £60 for a 20 minute consultation. £30 for a repeat prescription.

Looks to me as though healthcare is going much more commercial. After all iconic people like Matthew Parris state boldly on TV that it should - they can afford it!

3. princess_k

princess_k Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  4. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Seems like it. I wonder whether the CCG do any planning when they do closures and mergers like this?

No doctors surgery at all in Coldharbour Ward since they closed Iveagh House surgery and shifted it to the Akerman Centre over a mile north in Vassall Ward.

In the case of the Pavilion it will be purely down to cost and staff cover I should think.
    The main Hetherington Road branch is also in Ferndale Ward probably - though hardly centrally located for "customers" from central Brixton.