1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parliamentary inquiry into the Sampson, Aluko, Spence stuff

Discussion in 'football' started by Wilf, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Wilf

Wilf Tots els coperos són bastards

With the usual apologies if there's already a thread on this, but it has moved on anyway, with the announcement of a Parliamentary Inquiry:
    FA executives to face parliamentary inquiry over Mark Sampson affair
    The FA's own inquiries into the affair were well reported absurd procedures to keep Sampson in post.... resulting in Aluko getting an £80,000 pay off. Without suggesting that Parliamentary Committees are particularly good at achieving anything, this probably ends with a couple of FA bods and Sampson himself leaving by mutual consent in 12 months.

2. Wilf

3. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

The allegations are from before he was England coach. How did they take so long for the FA to become aware of them?

4. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Is anyone buying the 'new info' thing?

5. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

It stinks.

6. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

I bet they are relieved that they can sack him for something new rather than something they’ve tried to cover up. The parliamentary committee appearance should be interesting.

Alex

7. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

They haven't tho. Allegations were made when he was at Bristol. Investigation decided he didnt pose a safeguarding risk. FA knew about investigation and cleared him a year later. Now they've decided to sack him for the behaviour they already knew about! Very fishy.

8. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Sacking him for the thing their barrister said didn’t happen would be a lot more embarrassing.

If this hadn’t been in their back pocket, it’d have been for something, anything to get him out of their hair. So they can be all “lessons have been learned, this was a long time in the past” when
    They are all in front of the select committee.

Alex

9. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

You have to hand it to the FA, they have managed to create an Olympus Mons out of a molehill with this. Has any public organization been so spectacularly incompetent in the face of tepid opposition as them*?

* not counting the PLP

Wilf likes this.
  10. Wilf

Yep, like Butchers said, don't buy any of it. Presumably the thing from the Bristol Academy days is shagging and/or harassment:
    i.e. not 'inappropriate comments'. Regardless, it's difficult to imagine a more naked attempt at arse covering than seen from the FA on this one. Also, Gareth Southgate must be feeling a bit of a div now, even if he was put up to his defence of Sampson by the FA.

11. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

I also don't buy it. I would also like to know exactly what the FA's rationale was behind rejecting the part of Aluko's complaint that included a written statement from another player confirming what she said. His word against two players' word. That stank already.

Watching Aluko's interview and Sampson's side by side does not look good for Sampson. In response to the charge that he is racist, he starts banging on about all the good stuff he's done. 'I can't be racist - look how good I am'. That's exactly what I would expect a guilty person to say.

Don't rock the boat. Do not complain against a winning coach. Sadly familiar.

Wilf likes this.
  12. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

It's not stated, but I would guess shagging rather than harassment - that way they can say truthfully that he did nothing unlawful.

13. Wilf

A bit of googling gets hints of picking players for sex. If true, it contains the possibility of harassment, but then might 'just' be relationships completely at odds with his role. However, I'm confident that behind the FA's 'nothing illegal/we've only just heard' line, plenty more will come out about their behaviour. useless cunts.

littlebabyjesus likes this.
  14. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

BBC reporter even asked the FA spokesperson if this "discovery" of historic allegations wasn't a little convenient and he got another lost with what he was saying.

15. Wilf

16. Wilf

17. Wilf

18. Wilf