Parks and Recreation

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Maggot, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TikkiB

TikkiB Well-Known Member

Everything what you all said. Even hearing the music makes me happy.

It just works on every level, doesn't it, and what more could you ask of a sitcom.

I have a crush on Ron. Actually, I have a crush on practically all of them.

Except Chris Traeger.

Vintage Paw likes this.
  2. TikkiB

TikkiB Well-Known Member

And did you notice the little conversation about Andy's transformation into a fit bod?

"Yeah, I just drank less beer"

3. souljacker

souljacker Those tapas loving FUCKS

BBC4 are way behind the times aren't they? Last one was season 3, with Tom and his cologne, Tommy Fresh. :D

Vintage Paw likes this.
  4. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

I'm not at that part yet, just about to start season 6. I was wondering how it would deal with that.

April and Andy are just about the best people ever.

Burt Macklin forever <3

Chris Pratt will always be doughy Andy to me, no matter how ripped he is now.

5. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Who's Chris Traeger? Are there going to be NEW characters? Oh my. Surely not. That's like adding characters to Father Ted and Fawlty Towers?

6. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

chris comes with ben at the end of season 2, i think? They are both completely brilliant and make the show even better.

Vintage Paw and Orang Utan like this.
  7. Vintage Paw

Absolutely. They both fill a hole that was empty, they both add something unique to the programme, and they both will become beloved favourites of yours, OU, I'm positive.

Orang Utan, TikkiB and spanglechick like this.
  8. TikkiB

TikkiB Well-Known Member

Always!

9. Orang Utan

ok, i'm getting near the end of the third season and i am smitten. Vintage Paw is so spot on about the characters. I love them so much. Even Tom Haverford, I melted when I heard him singing Forever Young while on hold on the phone. it is soooo good. it makes me feel good about humans. great comedown tv. like VP, I think i'll have to ration myself til series 7, cos i won't be able to handle it when there's no more of it to watch.

wtfftw, TikkiB, BigTom and 3 others like this.
  10. Vintage Paw

That's the big take away of this programme for me. It's a really funny show that doesn't feel the need to be mean to people in order to be funny (apart from Gerry, poor Gerry). It doesn't fall into the typical format of creating really bad things for the characters to battle through. Relationship might end, but new ones begin and many flourish and are strong and positive. They've given Leslie a bit of a nemesis later on (I'm in s.6 at the moment) and I don't always like that part, but mostly because that person is an ass and I don't like to see Leslie lose or even challenged at all really, but that's my own stupid problem, not the show's.

I'm glad they decided not to run and run with it. It could have become stale and that would have been horrible. As sad as it is that there won't be any more, I think being able to look back at a perfectly formed 7 seasons and smile at all of it will be a good thing.

I've got a massive liberal crush on Leslie Knope and Amy Poehler.

TikkiB and Orang Utan like this.
  11. Orang Utan

I love Ron so much.
    He loves meat.
    "There's a hot, spinning cone of meat in that Greek restaurant next door. I don't know what it is, but I'd like to eat the whole thing"

12. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

Hes got a book out called gumption. He and His wife in irl (tammy 2) also refused to do a gig in a us state that banned gay marriage. He also does the voice of metal beard in the lego movie "sharks with lasers!"

13. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

14. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

Tis great telly, love it.

15. Vintage Paw

He's the nicest libertarian on telly.

TikkiB likes this.
  16. Orang Utan

One thing that didn't work: Tom and Ann's relationship in S4. Nah, bum note there.
    Was about to rush into S5, but think I need to start rationing as I don't want to finish it.

17. spanglechick

Yeah - I don't think it's all supposed to be credible. Most of Tom's storylines are daft and impossible, tbf...

18. Orang Utan

None of it is credible really. But most of it follows its own logic. This particular scenario didn't.

19. spanglechick

I don't know how far you've got with it, so I can't explain my point further. Remind me when you've finished.

20. Orang Utan

just about to start season 5. i just don't see how anne perkins would be attracted to tom haverford. and the programme makers know it too. you don't even see them kiss.
    of course i don't know what happens next... .... . .. ..... ;)

Vintage Paw likes this.
  21. souljacker

souljacker Those tapas loving FUCKS

Maggot likes this.
  22. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

souljacker and tufty79 like this.
  23. Orang Utan

finished s5 and started s6 recently - was in bits at Ron in Scotland reading Burns :oops:

spanglechick likes this.
  24. Orang Utan

Onto the final series now.
    Poor Larry/Garry/Terry

Really don't like Billy Eichner as Craig Middlebrooks. He's shit.

25. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

only on season 2 but loving it - even though it is an American Council, it is close to home as a London Council worker - I'd love Ron as boss :thumbs:

26. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Ron for president!

marty21 likes this.
  27. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I've just seen the hunting episode when he get shot in the head - I now want my central London council to have a hunting lodge :mad:

Maggot and Supine like this.
  28. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I've watched it all..... and I'm actually quite sad its finished :(

29. spanglechick

My mum said the same (she worked in social services).

30. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Treat yo'self :D

quimcunx likes this.