Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parking

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
Where are people on parent + child spaces?

i would never actually park in a disabled space, but feel justified parking in parent and child spaces as have a car-seat in the back :facepalm:

Also feel justified after 8pm, as kids should be in bed :hmm:

mauvais

change has become unavoidable
A question for the reverser-inners...isn't more difficult to get at the boot to put your shopping in if you've reversed in? Especially if another car has parked behind you? Or you're against the wall?
Yeah, sometimes. So you make a choice depending on what you're going to be doing.

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
And why are spaces so small?

If you park my car next to another of the same make in any of Guildford's large car parks, each car in the centre of the bay, you won't be able to open the doors of either car.

T & P

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
It's much easier to load the boot of the car if one drives into the space, rather than reversing into it and then having to squeeze through the gaps between your car and those park around it to reach the boot.

MickiQ

And why are spaces so small?

If you park my car next to another of the same make in any of Guildford's large car parks, each car in the centre of the bay, you won't be able to open the doors of either car.
Here in the East Mids they tend to go for too short rather than too narrow, With it being a bit over 16ft long (the car that is), I find I often stick out into the lane a foot or two or overlap into the space behind the same sort of distance.

Plumdaff

joy in people
The Costco near me seems to have massive American size parking spaces, they're positively roomy. I always reverse in unless I'm doing a massive shop. It's neater and safer. Yes, I care about parking neatly.

Poi E

More people reverse park now thanks to reversing cameras. I wondered why loads more were doing it.

Orang Utan

knows how to use the three shells
There's some cunts who keep parking on some double yellow lines outside my work. Can't key the cunts cos it's outside work. Anyone know if you can call a number and sic a traffic warden onto em?

There's some cunts who keep parking on some double yellow lines outside my work. Can't key the cunts cos it's outside work. Anyone know if you can call a number and sic a traffic warden onto em?
Dunno but if you went to the effort of making fake tickets in those plastic wrapper things you could generate a second income stream

maomao

四月她爹
Depends on your council. My council has a grass up form for illegal parking. I used it on a new neighbour who decided to park his car right across the pavement (seriously, must be from outside London) so I had to push my kid's buggy out in the road. Didn't stop him though so I keyed it.

hash tag

chillin
I always reverse into spaces; have a better sense of space using mirrors and/or camera.
It is safer pulling out because it is easier to see peds and what is going on like other cars manouvering.
It's also safer pulling out if you need to make a quick getaway in the event of a mugger/stalker/car jacker etc.
Don't park right up against the back of the space and it's never a problem getting shopping in the boot, not that I can get much into my bella :)

Dogsauce

Lord of the Dance Settee
Some construction sites I’ve worked on have had parking area where it’s reverse parking only, enforced as part of site safety. Becoming more common.

Dogsauce

Lord of the Dance Settee
A mate made a good point about child spaces the other day, about how they’re always put close to the store entrance so dickheads without kids will fill them up. They don’t actually need to be that close as parents mostly don’t have mobility issues, they just need a bit more space to get kids/buggies out through the side door. Put some or all of them a bit further away and they’d be more likely to be empty.

Boudicca

Seaside Queen
One place I worked at had the spaces marked alternately as 'forwards in' and 'reverse in'. They had worked out that as most cars only had one person in them, they could squeeze more spaces in this way.