Panasonic DC-LX100 II packs 17MP multi-aspect 4/3 sensor

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by editor, Aug 22, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do we think, urbz?

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Promo:

3. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Looks nice, how much is it?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Around £850 I think. For that price you could get one of the cheaper Olympus m43's cameras and a half decent lens but it would be in such a neat package.

5. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

Love my LX100 so will be keeping a close eye on this

6. dfm

dfm help I'm alive

Ditto but I am still debating a posh phone to ocombat the best camera is the one you have to hand argument.

7. dfm

dfm help I'm alive

Quite a bump from the mk1

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I reckon you'll be able to pick it up cheaper.

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Then get yourself a pocket sized Ricoh GR!

10. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

This is the problem with the original LX100 (I haven't read up on the new one yet). The lens is absolutely superb. I haven't seen anything near the price range that can properly compete. But it would only be really worthwhile as a carry-around-with-you pocket phone, and the lens just juts out a bit too far to allow for that.

11. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I like the way it (ver i) holds the aperture range through the zoom (best in class as far as I know) :

edccb5.jpg

12. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

hmmm, having just watched a couple of videos there really isn't that much change

13. dfm

dfm help I'm alive

I will have to do some more research but at the moment I'm not tempted to change my existing LX100. If I did change I think I would try a micro four thirds system.

I have read several wish list threads on dpreview so will be interesting to see the reaction.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

That's the thing - the camera is slightly between two stalls for me. If you want a really pocketable camera you're probably better off with something a bit smaller (like the LX15 for example). If not, then for a similar price you could have the flexibility of an exchangeable lens body in the M4/3 system (like the GX80 or something).

That said, the lens itself is unique, and you won't find that range / quality very easily (if at all) in any other setup. So if that's enough to sway you...