Overseas fan going to first Dulwich Hamlet game

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matte Bergqvist, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Matte Bergqvist

Matte Bergqvist New Member

I'm an overseas fan from Sweden travelling to the away game versus Billericay Town. If someone could give me information on which pub Dulwich Hamlet supporters will be in pre-kick off it'd be great.

Cheers,
    Matte

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There are several good places to drink in Billericay and I'm sure there will be some Hamlet supporters in all of them: The Railway, The Coach & Horses, The Blue Boar (Wetherspoons) and Billericay Brewery. I'll post further details when I have more time tomorrow if no one else beats me to it.

Jules P likes this.
  3. Matte Bergqvist

Thanks, Pink Panther!

4. Pink Panther

There are sodding rail engineering works on the Billericay line yet again for this match, although it's only the last bit between Shenfield and Billericay this time. Replacement bus service taking 15 minutes.

Map of the town linked here:

Location Map.

The ground is at Blunts Wall Road in the bottom left corner of the map, which is centred on Chapel street.

My recommended pubs are the Railway, in the High Street between the station and the junction of Western Road: GRAY & SONS

The Blue Boar, in the High Street just past the junction with Western Road: The Blue Boar | Pubs In Billericay - J D Wetherspoon

The Coach and Horses in Chapel Street: The Coach And Horses

Billericay Brewery Micropub in Chapel Street: Micropub – Billericay Brewing Company

WillClunas likes this.
  5. Matte Bergqvist

Tanks! Are you going to the game?

6. Pink Panther

Yes, I shall be there. I don't know if I will be in any of those pubs before the match (I prefer drinking after the game) but I would guess 150 or so Hamlet supporters will be there and you're probably most likely to find some of us wearing colours at the Blue Boar or the Micropub and I'm sure everyone will be happy to talk if you introduce yourself. We often have supporters from other nations attending our matches and we're glad to have them with us. In fact our previous messageboard had a Swedish webmaster, Jon "Sven" Eriksson, but he moved away from South London and I haven't seen him for a few years now.

7. Matte Bergqvist

I Will introduce my self, see you in Billericay!

Pink Panther likes this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Enjoy the game, hope you really enjoy. Sorry i won't be able to introduce myself. I always have a few days away at this time of year, around my birthday & I will be up in Scotland. albion rovers v. Queen's Park for me.