1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out with the Old... Network Rail tell businesses to vacate Atlantic Road arches

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by :-D, Feb 4, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gramsci likes this.
  2. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

I can't see how all the materials requires to refurbish the Arches could be delivered without effecting the surrounding Market in Station Road and Pop Brixton plus guaranteeing the safety of the people getting on and off trains to bad from Victoria ? Am I missing something ?

3. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

Thinking about NR's original promise to find alternative ' temporary ' units for the Traders why didn't they honour it ? Wasn't it supposed to be around Valencia Place ?

Gramsci likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

I would be surprised if Lambeth approve NR's application leaving the existing Traders to work in the middle of a building site with the workmen using welding equipment possibly creating a fire risk , no more tragedies please Lambeth !

6. ruskindenmark

ruskindenmark New Member

IMG_4836.PNG Ummmmmmm..... well, this isn't dodgy at all.

7. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

I see all the expensive aluminium ' Brixton Pillars ' ( ? ) hoardings have been removed from all the boarded up Arches in Atlantic & Station Road for the 2nd time in as many Months !!
    I wonder if NR are going to start works before the CEMP is approved by Lambeth ? We're watching you

8. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

At last Brixton Neighborhood Forum was told by someone from Brixton BID that they were to be replaced with something similar.

I don't know why. Talking to traders in that stretch and they are scathing of the hoardings.

9. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

Portaloos delivered into empty Arches today so something's on the move , hope your not going to start the works NR before you get the CEMP approved ?

10. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

See the new trendy signage been erected today telling everyone how amazing NR are and all the great efforts they've made to help the returning tenants , let's see ?

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Ooh, I'll go take a look. I love a bit of papering-over-the-cracks PR.

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Oh my. Straight out of the Social Greenwash Bullshit for Beginners handbook. "yeah just paint it red, gold & green, bung in a rainbow on it as well just to be sure, keep repeating the word *diversity* and it'll be fine"...

Look at all those diverse, community-minded little icon people with their hands in the air. That's what joyful social unity looks like, innit. Never mind what real actual living human beings tell you about the places they live, work and shop :facepalm:

For such an eye-bleedingly bright bit of visual design it's all still a bit transparent. You might even say insultingly transparent.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM
    Gramsci, snowy_again and editor like this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Looking at the blurb on those new billboards I can't help wondering if some face-saving non-disclosure deal was done with some of the traders...

15. Lambeth Boy

Lambeth Boy New Member

I wonder how many of the 20 Traders affected so far are returning ? Network Rail said 75% are coming back but when I went to School 2 out of 20 didn't make 75%

Gramsci and trabuquera like this.