1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympic Park passes (strictly no venue admittance) released - £5 (£1 for kids)

Discussion in 'Olympics 2012' started by Minnie_the_Minx, Aug 22, 2012.

1. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

Charging people to see...nothing.

No please, take all the piss you like. I wasn't using it anyway.

2. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

You could have had my two tickets for the 4th as I already have tickets for the 4th. I now have two spare ones but I reckon someone will nab them readily enough :D

Anyway, teenagers can go and wander off by themselves can't they? :hmm:

3. Minnie_the_Minx

The grounds are very nice apparently, and you get to see the outside of the venues. Our council tax/lottery tickets/taxes paid for a lot of it, so might as well see what our money was spent on :p

4. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

That's precisely why it should be free to get into the park.

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  5. Minnie_the_Minx

Well yeah, but it ain't gonna happen is it :D

(Might do after the Olympics as ITV were campaigning for Park to be opened after for a few weeks, but now they've released tickets, that may not happen either)

6. trashpony

trashpony Never knowingly underawed

It's only a quid each for my mum and dad - less than their train fare :)

I'm starting a new job on tuesday - am going to have to lie and say that I booked tix for Friday ages ago but forgot about them :oops:

7. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Nah, a date on a Tuesday's not the greatest anyway. But we all want to see the park so we'll just all go together. For the date instead I've booked tickets to the proms, reserved a space in the rather nice bar beforehand and ordered a fish platter inc. smoked salmon blinis to be delivered to our box. :cool:

trashpony likes this.
  8. Minnie_the_Minx

How extravagant :D

9. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

you are a great girlfriend
    I went to the proms ( I did the queuing up thing too) a few weeks back - it was fantastic, beethoven 9th/Baranboin 15 min standing ovation

proms and food and box (!) are much more exciting than the olympic park

10. Minnie_the_Minx

Yeah, but not everyone can afford the proms and food and box!

11. Miss-Shelf

I got a ticket for five pounds although tbf that is a standing and queuing price (there is a queuing arrangement for wheelchair users - I don't know how accessible it is if you have another type of disability)

12. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

I got a day pass for the olympic park plus tickets to see wheelchair basketball at Greenwich :cool:
    The day pass says it lasts from 10-3pm. Are there gonna be massive queues to get in then? Is it right that you can't bring any drink or food in at all? Like not even a few nuts in my pocket or a flapjack or something.

13. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Are these already gone?

14. Minnie_the_Minx

I don't know. They were only released this afternoon. Have you tried the website?

15. Minnie_the_Minx

Don't understand that myself. Are they just going to trust everyone to leave at 3.00pm to make way for the 4.00pm attendees? :hmm:

16. Minnie_the_Minx

Can't you book tickets online, then print them, and then go and get in the queue?

I've booked a wheelchair space for swimming session and goalball session, but what if there's no wheelchairs? Wtf do I do then. You can't book them in advance (or so I was told). I reckon I'll be alright for the swimming as that's a morning session, but the goalball one is an evening session with Olympic Day Pass, so I suppose it's just going to be fingers crossed :D

17. Hellsbells

booked my tickets online and there was no option to print, only to collect in person on the day :rolleyes:

18. Minnie_the_Minx

The Olympic Park tickets released today? :confused:

19. Hellsbells

yeah

20. Hellsbells

The site also says if you have olympic tickets you get a games travel pass for that day. But they don't send them out so you have to collect them from the box office on the day you go. Which means you have to pay your travel to get there! And more queueing!!

21. Minnie_the_Minx

The option buttons were very easy to miss if you didn't know they were there. I ticked the "print at home" button. Have got the email confirmation, but not the tickets to print yet

22. Minnie_the_Minx

There's no free travel ticket for the Olympic Park pass

23. Minnie_the_Minx

Olympic Park ticket (not to be confused with Olympic Park Day Pass)

For other printed at home tickets (excluding Olympic Park tickets as you don't get a travelcard with those tickets)

24. Miss-Shelf

sorry Minnie for confusion I was talking about prom tickets:oops:

25. Hellsbells

i also have tickets for basketball in greenwich though, so assume i'd get free travel for that? Seems really odd that you can only collect your free travelcard from the box office on the day of the event, because by that time you'll already have had to pay to get to the venue!

26. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Fuck you Dave!

We are away for all of the paralympics or I'd have gone for these :(

27. Hellsbells

It's all so confusing. Have now read there's a new ticket office opening in Hyde park where apparently you can collect your free travel pass at the same time as collecting your paralympic tickets, which makes far more sense. However, there's no info (at least none i can find) that tells you where in hyde park the ticket office is. Am i just being thick? Is there a main office where tickets for any event are sold?!

28. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

bah these are all gone now already. i was looking forward to a walk round it.

29. Minnie_the_Minx

30. Minnie_the_Minx

Sold out in hours!