old style student loan deferral/fuckup

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by wayward bob, May 3, 2018.

1. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

can anyone help with the rules for how much overpayment you can claim back from erudio student loans if you qualify for deferral but didn't send the forms?

customer services tell me 3 months payments i've made 3 years :facepalm: entirely my fault, but if there was a way to get it back i'd like to try.

2. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

I don't know the rules but I think you would be justified in sending a letter or email to them explaining why you didn't send the forms back. You have had a lot going on over the past few years. You don't have to give a lot of details but it might help.

3. wayward bob

wayward bob i ate all your bees

ta eqg :) i mentioned autism on the phone and that flipped some kind of "needs assessment script" switch that i found really uncomfortable/intrusive. but it was helpful re a possibly extended deferral and nominating mr b to speak on my behalf. i've never earned above the repayment threshold and never likely to, it was just easier to let the payments go out than to take any steps to fix it :oops: small victory that i phoned them at all i guess :thumbs:

equationgirl likes this.
  4. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

You did really well to phone them, they're not the easiest organisation to deal with. At least Mr B can deal with them now - small victories :)