1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old 01 dialling code - photos needed

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by hiccup, Jan 8, 2010.

1. hiccup

hiccup King of the Vagabonds

2. yield

yield zero

[​IMG]

In Hayes on the Uxbridge Road. Took the picture on the way home from work this afternoon.

3. boohoo

boohoo Part-time Cat

Quite funny this thread, because I took a few pictures down Lambeth walk yesterday - noticing that the rather abandon shops had one with no dialing code -so that would be the old 01, one with 071 and one with 0171.

4. hiccup

Cheers, I shall add it to the blog :)

5. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I keep looking for 01 now :D

6. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

An 01 picture to follow when I get round to transferring it out of the mobile phone. could have had another one about 100 yards away, but it's on the sign in the window of a clock / watch repairers (not visible when they pull the shutter down at night), and they might have got nervous and called the law if i'd gone and photographed it...

I guess a twist to this would be to try and get a sequence of adjacent shops, with 01, 081 (or 071 if you like), 0181 (ditto) and 020 numbers on display. And an 0208 in the same parade, just to annoy the pedants. :p

7. hiccup

Cheers :)

That would be a glorious thing to see. We must live in hope...

8. Puddy_Tat

As promised -
    [​IMG]

The Flower Shoppe, Burnt Ash Hill, Lee SE12 - taken 27.2.10

9. hiccup

Awesome. You totally rock :)

10. hiccup

Finally got round to updating the blog: http://01forlondon.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/knights-of-hillingdon-florist/

cheers :)

Oh no. I didn't save the photos, and now they're gone. Any chance you could post them up again? Sorry to be a pain...

11. DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking Well-Known Member

There's a cake shop on Camberwell road, on a little parade of shops by the Castle estate with an 01 number.

Can't find a decent picture online though

[​IMG]

12. hiccup

Ta. Don't get down that way much, but have added it to my to do list.

13. hiccup

Added to the site, cheers :)

14. Puddy_Tat

sorry - dropped a clanger uploading the first one to tinypic, and somehow uploaded the same picture three times. i deleted what i thought were the two i had not linked here. and i obviously managed to bugger that up as well. :facepalm:

but i think you have got the better of the two, anyway.

and collected another one this week - [​IMG]

in greenwich market, taken 22.3.10

photo by jay (he has a better camera than my camera phone)

15. hiccup

That is ace, I shall stick it on the blog forthwith. Thanks

16. marty21

it's a sign of longevity keeping the 01 number, it says, proudly, that this business has been here for over 20 years :)

17. hiccup

Indeed :cool:

18. marty21

driving down the Lea bridge road,Leyton spotted this one, mrs21 took a quick picture whilst we were stuck in traffic, a little bemused that I wanted a picture of a dull shop - it's important, it's for someone on the internets !

now do these count? the upper window frame has two shields with the number without the 01

actually spotted 3 more! on the way down Lea bridge road, all without the 01,could go back and bag them at some point

Attached Files:

19. hiccup

Tis on the blog, thanks :cool:

20. hiccup

Good work that man. And yup, they count, although I'll caegorise the photo as an "implied" 01.

21. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my offerings :)

eta: why's the top one blue??? :confused:

22. hiccup

Wicked cheers :)

No idea about the blueness though...

23. marty21

I go past that electric shop a lot and never noticed the number
    :D

24. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

It's a wicked little shop- proper old school dusty cavern of stuff but the staff always seem to know where everything is :cool: luckily I've never used the other shop...

25. hiccup

T J Electrics is now on the blog :cool:

26. Puddy_Tat

Regret to report that The Flower Shoppe, Burnt Ash Hill, Lee SE12 - taken 27.2.10 (see earlier post) has since then had a new facia put on. don't know if this embarrassed them into it.....

and wtf at previous post now having photos of two frocks as well as shop front. Think Tinypic have done something daft. I've asked the mods to do something about it.

27. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

The lettering and shop window of this funeral parlour in Marchmont Street is brand new so leaving the 01 code is clearly deliberately retro. Its catching on !!

[​IMG]

28. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

Why is your 01 blog interesting? It shouldn't be interesting.

But it is. :)

I just don't understand why...

29. hiccup

Cheers, will add this sometime soon :)
    I really don't know, but it's interesting enough that I keep updating it. Just added John Seaward funeral directors, that Boycey kindly posted to this thread a while ago:

http://01forlondon.wordpress.com

Two funeral directors... I suppose they're businesses that rarely lack for trade.

30. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

I had a quick wander around Stratford t'other day in the hope to get some pics - and could I find any 01s?!!! :mad: Couple of 0171/0181s mind you!

Going to venture further into Leytonstone Road and beyond when I get a chance!