O/T Truro returning home?

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Roger D, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

We're due to play St Albans at Mitcham on Saturday. Should we try to get that called off so we can play it on a Tuesday evening at Champion Hill later in the season? And the Oxford City game two weeks later? Truro's chairman is showing utter contempt and lack of respect for another club and I'd be ashamed if we did the same. It's his own fault they don't have a ground of their own right now as he was responsible for relocating to Torquay in the first place.

This is why Truro shouldn't be allowed to move the game to midweek, furthermore I'm sure I'm not the only Hamlet supporter who's already spent money on this trip that will be wasted if we don't play that weekend. The match was scheduled for a weekend, it's standard practice that groundsharing clubs switch to Sunday when there's a clash with the hosts and there's no good reason why that shouldn't happen here.

It wouldn't be a loss for them as the lack of Hamlet supporters would be offset by pulling more of their own. The attendance for their game at Torquay yesterday was 87.

I have an alternative suggestion. We could offer to visit them on Saturday 16th March, when we're scheduled to play them at home, and they can come to play us at Champion Hill on a Tuesday evening instead.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

So, confirmed as Sunday 11th November at Torquay United's Plainmoor Stadium with a 3pm Kick Off.

Better book that Monday off...

Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Night Riviera back from Newton Abbot, departs 00:01 on Monday 12th, eta Paddington 05:03 but you can stay on board until 07:00. £70 single I think. Or ‘normal’ train back from Torquay at 17:55, 18:26, 18:59 or 19:58, change at Newton Abbot for connecting train to Paddington.

Noss and Taper like this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The Night Riviera is £70 for a single berth sleeper cabin or £45 each for a two berth, or you can just get a seat for less. I've just booked the 1859 back for £36.50, which is the cheapest of those services at the moment. I got a Saturday morning ticket down there for £25 three weeks ago arriving around noon. I'm intending to watch Buckland Athletic v Bitton in the Western League on the Saturday, which is on the outskirts of Newton Abbot.

Blitzwalker and pompeydunc like this.