O/T Truro returning home?

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Roger D, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

FFS I only booked a train ticket to Torquay three days ago. That's 25 quid wasted if the game is moved. Luckily I haven't booked the return leg yet and I can cancel my accommodation without being charged.

Good for their supporters if it happens but what the hell is the owner playing at messing everyone around like this?

3. Pink Panther

Attendance for Truro v Hemel Hempstead at Torquay yesterday was 86.

4. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

5. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

There’s still a possibility that it will be played in Torquay. Although you will still need to factor in that if Torquay get through to the next round of the cup on Saturday and get drawn at home our game could be moved to the Sunday.

6. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

One assumes you could miss the soccer and have a lovely & uninterrupted day out in Torquay.

Which sounds like a bit of a double win, tbh.

7. Pink Panther

Exactly. Everything is up in the air. Even if they decide they're moving back to Truro presumably it will take time to make the ground fit again as it hasn't been used for several months, and the league will need to approve it for use. Or maybe junior teams have been using it?

I'm aware of the Torquay FA Cup factor, I flagged it up last week in another thread which has now slipped down the list of threads. We'd still be in a similar situation if we'd won the FA Cup match at Eastbourne, but it's annoying.

8. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

:eek:

EDC, Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  9. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

It seems a bit arrogant to assume that people will automagically know to which of the family of footballs one is referring.

Association football can only benefit from terminological exactitude.