O/T Truro returning home?

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Roger D, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

FFS I only booked a train ticket to Torquay three days ago. That's 25 quid wasted if the game is moved. Luckily I haven't booked the return leg yet and I can cancel my accommodation without being charged.

Good for their supporters if it happens but what the hell is the owner playing at messing everyone around like this?

3. Pink Panther

Attendance for Truro v Hemel Hempstead at Torquay yesterday was 86.

4. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

5. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Well-Known Member

There’s still a possibility that it will be played in Torquay. Although you will still need to factor in that if Torquay get through to the next round of the cup on Saturday and get drawn at home our game could be moved to the Sunday.

6. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

One assumes you could miss the soccer and have a lovely & uninterrupted day out in Torquay.

Which sounds like a bit of a double win, tbh.

7. Pink Panther

Exactly. Everything is up in the air. Even if they decide they're moving back to Truro presumably it will take time to make the ground fit again as it hasn't been used for several months, and the league will need to approve it for use. Or maybe junior teams have been using it?

I'm aware of the Torquay FA Cup factor, I flagged it up last week in another thread which has now slipped down the list of threads. We'd still be in a similar situation if we'd won the FA Cup match at Eastbourne, but it's annoying.

8. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

:eek:

9. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

It seems a bit arrogant to assume that people will automagically know to which of the family of footballs one is referring.

Association football can only benefit from terminological exactitude.

10. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Is the Truro game confirmed for 10th November? I know there was talk of it being moved to the Sunday but I wasn't sure of the stipulations etc.

11. Pink Panther

Depends on Torquay's fixture in the FA Cup 1st Round. The draw is this evening, if they're drawn away our game is unaffected, if they're drawn at home it starts to get complicated as their game could be played on the 10th or it could be selected for television coverage and moved away from the Saturday.

The prospect of our game being in Truro seems to have receded as they haven't yet agreed a date for moving back home and it's less than 3 weeks away now. There are updates on the TCFC website but I can't link them from my phone. Basically the redevelopment of their ground has been postponed until next year rather than cancelled altogether and they hope to move home before vacating it for good in May and resuming the groundshare at Torquay next season.

12. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Torquay drawn at home in the FA Cup, so the original scheduled date will go out of the window now. Presumably we’ll be looking at a Sunday fixture or a midweek evening now. Either way, I’m screwed for it so will have to hope the Torquay match in February is played as scheduled.

13. Pink Panther

There's no way Torquay v Woking will be televised live, if that's 3pm Saturday our game should be Sunday 11th. Hopefully confirmation will be forthcoming soon.

Blitzwalker likes this.
  14. Pink Panther

15. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Scrooge likes this.
  16. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Anyone know when we’ll know about the Truro game?

17. Pink Panther

The FA website is showing all fixtures as being 3pm kick offs on the Saturday, and the Truro website is showing our match as 3pm Saturday. Not very helpful! Looks like all cup fixtures could still potentially be moved for television.

18. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

We cannot finalise the match details until Friday evening as tgat is the deadline for TV to schedule matches.

Pink Panther and Jules P like this.
  19. Pink Panther

Is there still any possibility of the match being relocated to Truro? Their owner seems to have a habit of making sudden announcements that are subsequently superseded by fresh developments.

20. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

21. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Thrre is another group of games moved for extended highlights. These are not announced until tomorrow

Noss and Pink Panther like this.
  22. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Thanks Liam. FA Cup games being moved for extended highlights. Sounds very Woking.

23. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

BT Sport have got the other matches.

These may be announced already. Hitchin Town are scheduled for extended highlights with a 12.45 Sunday kick off.

24. Pink Panther

These matches have now been confirmed and Torquay v Woking is not one of them.

However I understand Truro have not agreed to play us at Torquay on the Sunday. They want the fixture postponed and rescheduled for a midweek evening later in the season, by which time they will presumably have returned to their own ground, thereby leaving our club with a blank weekend for no good reason. Our club has requested a 2pm kick off on Sunday 11th November and we're waiting for the National League to decide on the matter.

Their chairman must be an absolute wanker trying to force another club and it's supporters to make a journey of that length in midweek when neither club will otherwise have a match on that weekend.

the 12th man, Nivag and StephenMac like this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Wankers.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  26. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Cunts

the 12th man, B.I.G and Matt The Cab like this.
  27. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Their loss anyway, at least a coachload of Dulwich fans probably won't be able to go midweek.

28. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Not just the fans, I bet a few players will have to take a financial hit if it's a midweek game as they'll have to take more time off their day jobs.

29. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

From their point of view can't really blame them for wanting to get the game on their own patch in front of their own public. For same reasons we want to get back to Champion Hill.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  30. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Agreed don’t think we can really blame anyone for wanting to play at their own ground!