Nyren Clunis - Bostik Premier Player of the Season

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Posh 'n Proud, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Posh 'n Proud

Posh 'n Proud Well-Known Member

Please help sort this complete nonsense out..

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Meaningless tosh. It's ultimately a contest to determine which player's club has the most supporters on Twitter. I only saw Jake Robinson once, he scored the best goal I saw all season, but I don't remember anything else about him. So apart from the fact I wouldn't vote against our player, I'm not in a position to make an objective comparison anyway.

Nyren is arguably the greatest Hamlet player of the 21st century for his level of performance and length of service, and last season was probably his best, in the club's greatest season of my lifetime. That's all I need to know.

3. Posh 'n Proud

Posh 'n Proud Well-Known Member

I agree with all of that but I'm aggrieved that an opportunity to recognise Nyren's towering achievments is possibly being spurned by overly-applying this corinthian-spirit thing.

4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There's no corinthian spirit from me here. I doubt anyone loathes and detests Billericay - or more specifically Tamplin and what he's turned them into - more than I do.

I guess it's a bit of shallow fun for people who do Twitter, which I don't. Hopefully a lot of neutrals will vote for our man because he's a high profile and well respected player after 5 seasons with the same club in the same division. Or just because they dislike "GTFC"!