Notice served and Dulwich Hamlet locked out of ground

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by sleaterkinney, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

2. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

They are, the lying cunts. That's why Peter Bennison doesn't work for Hadley any more.

iamwithnail likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

In case anyone missed it:

dessiato likes this.
  4. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Any news on possible ground share? Gavin said they were looking at 3 yesterday.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It will be announced by the Club as soon as it's known...it takes a few day to sort, along with approval from the League.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  6. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

This firm does work for the FA.

dessiato and editor like this.
  7. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Do we know Forresters are kosher and not working for the other side? Unsolicited approaches always make me a bit :hmm:

8. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I recall him being a prick at the fans consultation evening after the Hadley application went in. Looming ominously at the bar and interjecting without introduction with vague threats based on half truths "we could put a fence around the Astro turf pitch tomorrow". Well that has proven spectacularly incorrect now hasn't it?

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Given the public roasting and ridicule that the other lot have received it would take a certain brand of self destructing lawyers to intentionally bring more of the same on themselves.

10. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I'm sure they're cool and I'm just being paranoid. I just don't trust anything where big developers are concerned.

Nivag likes this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I know someone that used to work for Forresters, they are a legitimate company.
    I can find out more if need be.

editor likes this.
  12. rabbit stew

rabbit stew Banned Banned

Brilliant work to all involved! Most campaigns work tirelessly for years and never even get near parliament. Yet this has managed to get to the top! Unbelievable! Well done again!

Jimbob73, editor and Fingers like this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

editor and Pink Panther like this.
  14. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

I emailed Helen Hayes yesterday and received a response today from her. Apologies if same message posted elsewhere.

Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you very much for writing to me with your concerns about the future of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club (DHFC).

The Club is an important and much-loved local institution, which is valued not only for the enjoyment of the game which it provides, but also for its role in enabling talented young footballers from a diverse range of backgrounds to develop their skills and for its wider role in the local community and its support for a wide range of charitable causes.

It has been extremely concerning to see the actions of an irresponsible developer putting the future of the club at risk and behaving in such an unacceptable way. As you know, the club’s landlord Meadow Residential LLP, have recently taken punitive measures against the Club following the withdrawal of their planning application which was not compliant with Southwark Council or London-wide planning policies. These measures include claiming £120,000 in back-dated rent, banning DHFC from the grounds on Champion Hill, and serving the Club with a legal notice that it no longer had the right to use its own name or initials. The planning policy issues concerned a lack of affordable housing put forward in the proposal, and insufficient justification for building on Metropolitan Open Land (MOL), which can only be built on in exceptional circumstances.

I note that Meadow has recently released a statement offering to give back the rights to the name of the club, amongst a continued commitment to bring the club back into supporter ownership. However, I remain concerned that these offers are dependent on certain conditions being met, which will be increasingly difficult to reach. Indeed, I am concerned that the breakdown of trust between DHFC, the developers, and Southwark Council, means that the best option is for Meadow Residential to release the land, either into public ownership, under Southwark Council or any other responsible interested party, in order to secure the future of this important community asset.

I have been in close contact with DHFC, Dulwich Hamlets Supporters Trust (DHST) and Southwark Council on this issue. On Monday 6 March I met with DHST and football committee representatives at the Houses of Parliament alongside my colleagues Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP, Harriet Harman MP and Lord Roy Kennedy to discuss recent developments.

I am pleased to have secured a 30 minute Adjournment Debate in the House of Commons on Friday 16 March, in order to raise the issues DHFC is facing with a government minister.

I understand that Southwark Council is doing everything possible to secure a viable long term future for the club, and I know that the leader of the Council, Cllr Peter John, and London Mayor Sadiq Khan, wrote to Meadow this week, urging them to re-assess their continued involvement with the Club.

Please rest assured that I will continue to represent my constituents concerns on this issue and do everything possible to ensure a viable long term future for our much loved Dulwich Hamlet Football Club on its current site.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Helen

Sent on behalf of Helen Hayes MP
    Member of Parliament for Dulwich and West Norwood

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And the support keeps on coming:

16. tonysingh

tonysingh Well-Known Member

I do like that tweet from Burnham

Dulwich Mishi, 19sixtysix and Fingers like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How many Lords are there?

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  18. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

tell him to make sure Roy hattersley knows that albert quixall and Alan Finney both played for the army v Belgian army in Kent cup at champion hill in the fifties, and you might even get him on side !

ricbake likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

About 800 I think. (Including the Ladies, which is especially pertinent on International Women's Day!)

Is it a bit kinky that I suddenly find some of these MPs and peers a bit sexy in a pink and blue scarf?

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Another one for your perverted desires! :D

This is a good article too:
    Dulwich vs Meadow: a battle that should matter to all fans

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Linekar again:

Pink Panther likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It occurred to me some time ago that Meadow could hardly be more inappropriately named. They want to destroy meadows for all eternity.

23. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I think they’re perfectly named.
    After all, most Meadows are full of bullshit.

dessiato and iamwithnail like this.
  24. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

so when the fence went up and the toilets opposite turnstiles closed they already had in mind closing down the club

25. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

when they first came on the scene, I reckon that was their intention. all they've ever been interested in is 80 mils worth of luxury flats, and they would sell their own unborn children, never mind us right down the river to get it. I sincerely hope, even if it means a spell away from champion hill is necessary, the wind of change is with us and we proper fuck up their ambitions.. to quote you, onwards and upwards (with a little sidestep).

Thimble Queen, EDC, clog and 2 others like this.
  26. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Google Meadow Partners and write a review ;)

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Seems I was already there!

2018-03-09_002911.jpg

Leave your own review here:
    Meadow Partners - Google Search

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Poids and blueheaven like this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It seems that the law world is pretty much unanimous on this. Blake Morgan's attempt to bully Dulwich has backfired massively.

“A registration doesn’t necessarily trump earlier use”: takeaways from Dulwich Hamlet’s trademark dispute - Lexology

30. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Jimbob73 likes this.