Notice served and Dulwich Hamlet locked out of ground

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by sleaterkinney, Mar 5, 2018.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

Little thread here.

Noss, editor and Radical-Cliff like this.
  2. Radical-Cliff

Radical-Cliff Old Spice

3. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Given the bull revealed in the above, and the RIBA states in its code of practice for Architects that:
    1.2 Chartered Practices should not be a party to any statement which they know to be untrue, misleading, unfair to others or contrary to their own professional knowledge.

Any milage in this do you think Al Crane for embarrassing the Architects?

YTC likes this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It's as if they think that saying something ridiculous with enough force and conviction will make everyone else roll over and let them have what they want. They also give a figure of 224 homes, which is a lot more than the 155 in the previous application.

Can the council still press ahead with the CPO, or does that have to go on hold until this new application from Meadow runs it's course, potentially delaying our return to Champion Hill by another year or more?

5. YTC

YTC Human Man

I can imagine this would become another non determined application. It's more about A) trying to get more money out of the council in curent negotiations and B) if they fail having some evidence in their 'favour' when it comes to CPO. Multi-faceted move from them, without being too complimentary, one of the smartest things they've done so far.

However, in my opinion, both roads lead to the same destination. DHFC back at Champion Hill.

editor, Pink Panther and Lucy Fur like this.
  6. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I'd suggest we start giving @PTEarchitects the same social media treatment that was given to Blake Edwards - that seemed to have a real impact.

Investec's shirt sponsorship of England Hockey is also an interesting avenue to direct some pressure towards.

editor likes this.
  7. blueheaven

Interesting status update from Peter John on Twitter:

Are we to take it from this that he's had some sort of response from Meadow to his earlier tweet where he (brilliantly) asked if they were stupid or just nasty?

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  8. YTC

YTC Human Man

We can safely assume they weren't happy about it.

9. Pink Panther

Good. I'm bloody furious about everything they're doing to ruin our club.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  10. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Just checked this morning and I can confirm that Meadow Residential are still cunts

11. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Camberwell born & bred Dulwich Hamlet FC fan, launches lone protest outside Meadow Partners (New York) headquarters.

The company that kicked the 125 year old club out of its Champion Hill home. meadow new york dulwich hamlet age1.jpg

12. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Any updates on our ground situation?

13. Pink Panther

Doubt anything can happen until after local authority elections on 3rd May.

YTC likes this.
  14. YTC

YTC Human Man

Ground situation same as before. We'll let people know if/when anything changes.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  15. blueheaven

What happened to the Government's pledge to step in and mediate? Did anything ever happen with that?

16. Pink Panther

That was only 6 weeks ago and dependent on Southwark Council being unable to persuade Meadow to resolve the situation sensibly. I would imagine that scenario would take a bit longer than that to play out .

clog likes this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

DCMS have a small team working on this, but it's dependant on ongoing negotiations. These wheels do not turn quickly.

blueheaven and Pink Panther like this.
  18. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

DCMS? I'm guessing Department for Culture, Media and Sport....but I'm not not everyone will realise this. Thanks for the update, but full names would make it easier to follow.

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

Jules P likes this.
  20. Pink Panther

Or alternatively, people who are interested and are already online because they're on here, could use an internet search engine for themselves? Knowledge is power!

clog likes this.
  21. Dulwich Mishi

That is true, but it only takes a second more to type something in full once, then use the initials. Surely it's good not to use 'jargon' when trying to be informative?

22. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

Mishi, he didn't have to reply at all... he was being helpful!

pompeydunc likes this.
  23. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Was rather hoping meadow might have put a bid in to build a few homes where Wembley stadium currently stands by.now, and let go of champion.hill.

24. Dulwich Mishi

I'm not disputing that, nor looking for a fucking argument. All I was doing was simply saying that it might be helpful if anyone typed out the full name of something to save some scratching their heads, that's all! Good grief!

25. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

DCMS - Department for Clearing up Meadow's Shit ?

26. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

No big deal Mishi, see you tomorrow mate

27. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

It’s actually now the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Not that anyone gives three fucks.

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I give 2.46 fucks.

clog and Slo-mo like this.
  29. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

It is both DCMS and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Digital was added at the last rehuffle, but the acronym remained the same. The D I suppose now represents a different word.

These things are important

Buffalo Bill likes this.
  30. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Spot the civil servant.