Notice served and Dulwich Hamlet locked out of ground

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by sleaterkinney, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

They can support it, but both politically and to me personally they are a TOTAL irrelevance.
    Tell you what, seeing as it's us who are on fire in this situation...let's get UKIP on board as well, eh?
    I hold the Greens in as much contempt as the Greens to be honest. Can't stand either of those pursuasions.

2. YTC

YTC Human Man

Latest:

Council have made an offer, Meadow still haven't acknowledged receipt of it.

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me. Typical arrogance and no class whatsoever. Any idea of the possible timeframe for initiating CPO procedure now Meadow are simply refusing to enter into any dialogue?

4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Given the profile of this specifically, I'd say 2 years for a CPO from last month.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And in the Spanish media (auto translation)

El Dulwich Hamlet FC, el ejemplo a seguir del fútbol inglés

iamwithnail likes this.
  6. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if we do get the stadium back in two years we'll need to factor in time for the pitch etc. to get sorted as I doubt Meadow will maintain the place. Realistically the club won't be back immediately after any compulsory purchase sadly. We are looking at at least two seasons out of Dulwich and probably at least part of a third season.

7. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Moving target

Cheers Mishi, so nice that you think we’re as bad as UKIP.

clog likes this.
  8. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Where is our resident legal expert gone used to enjoy reading his posts?

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  9. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Quite. HELVETICVS, where art thou?

10. Pink Panther

Surely he's allowed a weekend off once in a while? I think I'd need to recharge my batteries after such exhaustive research!

YTC likes this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

It just feels like he's been quieter for longer. His seriealised deconstruction of Tamplin was one of the highlights of my day to day routine.

12. YTC

YTC Human Man

He may be helping other clubs in similar situations, like a non league vigilante.

13. Dulwich Mishi

That is not what I said. I would say ukip at their height were far worse as they are potentially so dangerous.
    The greens opposed the building of the current ground and every ground development since. I personally have no time for the greens at all.

14. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Iam sure I have a few tweets from LibDem Cllr Barber talking about match day chaos and noise (and drumming) and a leaflet handed out by Simon Hughes ex MP opposing any development on the site, but honestly think we need as broad a front as possible on Southwark Council and that includes Greens, LibDems, Conservatives and labour - as for UKIP I believe are well aware of their policies which stand in total opposition to all we stand for at Dulwich Hamlet and dont and wont have any Councillors on Southwark Council anyway

Roger D, Lucy Fur and Pink Panther like this.
  15. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

I do hope he hasn't been warned off.

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Something tells me thats not the case.

17. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Suspect he's a busy lad.

YTC likes this.
  18. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Moving target

You do realise that there a few active Greens, myself included, who support the club? Personally, I didn't like the Meadow redevelopment plans at all, and am happy that the council rejected them. What happened 25 years ago I can't really comment on, as I wasn't resident on this side of the river, but I will say that the car park is a major blight on the area.

darryl and clog like this.
  19. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

20. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

From memory it was a Labour council that blocked the Hambase apication on the basis it involved building on MOL.

Had the Meadow proposal the current Labour council would almost certainly have rejected it, amongst other reasons, because it involved building on MOL.

It is a Labour London Mayor who, had Southwark passed it, would have called it in and rejected it. He has an electoral mandate to do so.

The simple fact is that building on MOL is now all but impossible. Mainstream political belief is that it is unacceptable. This is not solely a Green policy in 2018.

The world has moved on. We can either stand here and howl into the wind about the good old days or we recognise the politicL realities of where the club is and work within them.

Party politics needs to be kept out of this unless the local politicians make that impossible. With pretty much cross party consensus existing we can only lose if this turns party political.

Not living in London I don't know what the local electoral cycle is but just to add if you have imminent elections the political purdah period has started which will impact what council officers can do / say in public. One to be aware of.

21. Dulwich Mishi

Yes, I do. Your point is? I also know of several Lib Dems, and several Conservative voters who support our club.
    I support Dulwich Hamlet. I do not really care who others vote for as long as they don't break our ground regulations and rules while attending our games. Persomally speaking, I think that the wasteland known as the sportsground that was called Greendale, and before that one of the old Champion Hill grounds that ocassionally held 10,000 fans for big games in the 1920's (despite Green supporters claiming it has never been developed) is a huge eyesore, far more than a car park. Each to their own.

22. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Where does Cllcr Barber stand on this isn’t CH part of his ward? He normally has a few things to say! Aren’t their local elections coming up?

23. Pink Panther

Local council elections are on Thursday 3rd May.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

25. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Need to start working on that Dulwich Hamlet FC in exile logo

26. Dulwich Mishi

Why?

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Why ever not? A logo helps communicate a message and the fact that we no longer play in our proper ground is a fairly important message to get out, I would have thought.

28. Dulwich Mishi

Well yes, if it's for a sticker, or t-shirt...but otherwise?

29. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

What if it was for use.....on the internet?

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Hang on. You asked why anyone should bother with a logo. I gave you a good reason. So why are you still quibbling?

clog likes this.