Notice served and Dulwich Hamlet locked out of ground

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by sleaterkinney, Mar 5, 2018.

1. 59robbery

59robbery Active Member

Ah Mishi, a shrewd business deal! I'm not sure there's a lot in it for us - we don't own the ground or benefit from the beer sales. However, and thankfully, we do have an owner who has kept his word by maintaining a workable (just) playing budget.

I'm sure every Tooting supporter will welcome you to Imperial Fields for the rest of the season and no doubt they'll also be hoping your current plight is resolved for the start of the next one.

League games be damned- we did enjoy that semi-final though.

[​IMG]

Dulwich Mishi and iamwithnail like this.
  2. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Shrewd business deal or not - I don't give a toss: I'm hugely grateful to Tooting and long may our friendly rivalry continue. Massive thanks, guys.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

More press here:

Grounds for concern: Football’s hidden land crisis & how Dulwich Hamlet are fighting back.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Lord Kennedy has been brilliant.

dcdulwich likes this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

What about the old sandy Lane one ? Ref to Semi finals
    Just wondering what Dulwich Hamlets record was like in the League when being visitors to the old place
    Memory has really gone has i did see a few games there
    Always have one bad memory of playing Tooting when Jimmy Rose was about and they beat the Pink and Blues at champion hill 4-1 in the F a cup !
    Actually seen them do something i would so love to see Dulwich do, beat a league side
    Saw em Beat Swindon at a cold and wet sandy lane 2-1 with a few mates
    Went to a few of the games when Dulwich last groundshared with Tooting
    felt weird and a little grim if i recall
    Im sure this will be better
    What a shame this sf was not played a little earler
    I know its just words but what a disgrace this company is, you would have felt there would have been a little leeway given and surely some rapport was built up
    There will be no Bar takings going to them plus all the bad publicity
    I reckon they might really be quite surprised at the backlash and the amount of publicity given to this
    I bet there PR man will be busy ha

(sorry typed/banged out on someone elses laptop)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

editor likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Just in case anyone was wondering if Meadow could get even scummier and hateful: the answer is yes.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

16. tonysingh

tonysingh Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be a shame if someone kept knocking them over eh?

17. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Yeah but look at the stout steel posts going in. Permanent fence on its way.

18. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

You can guess who’ll be footing the excessive bill too.

19. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

That would require planning permission?

20. Pink Panther

Don't see how they can saddle us with any new bills now they've already kicked us out, although I won't be surprised if they try.

A few years ago a friend who owned a pub erected a short section of 6' high wooden fencing on the boundary with the public footpath to conceal a bin area and the council ordered him to cut it down to 3' after someone complained citing a by-law, so I reckon there's a good chance Meadow don't have permission to do that.

Radical-Cliff likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

22. Radical-Cliff

Radical-Cliff Old Spice

Yep they will need planning permission

Good statement by the Supporters Trust. They should have added Simon Benedict (Northfleet). The previous owner who sold to meadows but retained 25% of Champion Hill.

23. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

:confused:

24. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Also worth checking if this would need a stopping up order ie if any of this is highways land

Radical-Cliff likes this.
  25. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

It's what they'll soon start doing inside their fence, also without planning permission, that is worrying me. I understand some of the facilities in the main stand are still in use so are probably OK for now, but what's to stop them from vindictively making a start on getting rid of the pitch or the terracing? We desperately need to get the right result from today's council meeting and I fear action needs to happen quickly.

dessiato and drachir like this.
  26. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I’ve seen quite a few burnt out scooters on the plastic pitches over the years so it’s also preventing fire brigade access. What would happen if the sub station caught fire also?

27. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Invade! Squat!

editor likes this.
  28. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Only if the fence is over 2 metres. Which it probably will be, judging by those posts.

29. Pink Panther

The previous temporary fencing must be about 2 metres. Depends whether they intend the fence to be gthe full height of the posts, or whether the posts will be cut down to size. I'm sure there must be at least some sort of obligation to allow emergency access. I suspect the Friends of Greendale will know more about how to complain, and to whom.

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus