Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Norwich - food, drink, things to do and general chat

Mogden

I like tea
I was at a house party on hogmany just passed. Had been invited by a friend who had vouched for myself and partner to the host of said party so was on best behaviour.

Anyway, got chatting to someone in the kitchen (cos all the cool cats hang in the kitchen at parties) and he happened to mention he was from Norwich. Seeing as the only other person who actually comes from Norwich is Alan Partridge, I thought I would lead with "[name], what do you think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?". [name] seemed amazed that I knew so much about Norwich city centre as to want to engage in a conversation about it.

In the end I had to explain who Alan Partidge was :(.
Did you smother your face with chocolate mousse whilst doing so?

ViolentPanda

Hardly getting over it.
Norwich city centre doesn't need to be pedestrianised. it's probably the most pedestrian city centre in a country full of boring city centres.

campanula

diminished responsibilty
Hardly make any difference - most vehicles just tear around the old city walls, the ring road is fast and easy and only fools actually drive through the city centre.

Bakunin

I am Noodle's bitch.
Chocolate mousse anyone?
It may be chocolate to you, Stavros, but to an unwitting member of staff this could look like some sort of… dirty protest against the standard of service in the hotel, which I happen to think is very good. I mean, it’s not five-star but it’s certainly competitive.

ViolentPanda

Hardly getting over it.
I love Norwich CITY centre. It has, or had, a wonderful shop selling taxidermy.
That shop features (in quite a warped form!) in a very creepy book by Mike Jeffries called "Shadows in the Watchgate". :)
My dad used to love annoying my mum by always trying to make sure that their amblings took them past the shop (my mum deeply dislikes taxidermy!!! :D ).

campanula

diminished responsibilty
I love Norwich and cannot wait to relocate there from Cambridge (which I fucking hate).
I also love taxidermy and even had a few youthful attempts with squirrels and such.

Shirl

European
That shop features (in quite a warped form!) in a very creepy book by Mike Jeffries called "Shadows in the Watchgate". :)
My dad used to love annoying my mum by always trying to make sure that their amblings took them past the shop (my mum deeply dislikes taxidermy!!! :D ).
I love it. I bought a couple of things from there but sold them on a few years ago. It was a really exciting shop to be in.

SpookyFrank

Self-cleaning oven, the whole bit.
Ronseal thread init. I'm gonna be stranded there for a bit on monday afternoon waiting for a train and would welcome recomendations as to fun activities or interesting things to look at. Don't think I've ever been there before :hmm:

StoneRoad

heckling from the back!
Depends a bit on how much time is available.
Castle ? Art Gallery ? Colman's ? shops are not my thing so have no idea, although the market can be interesting.
Plenty of coffee shops ...

Macaroni straws.
If you've got time, the Sainsbury centre for the visual arts has been on my list for ages, but I think it's a way out of the centre.

Last edited: