Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Norwich - food, drink, things to do and general chat

telbert

Do you like sponge?
Theres not an east of England forum so i'm gonna post this here.I'm gonna be spending a few hours on friday afternoon in Norwich city center. Now apart from it being the home of Sale of the Century and a cathedral i know little else, apart from its real ale week.I'm looking for somewhere to have a few beers, maybe something to eat and definately somewhere to buy some local produce.Pies,meat, cheeses that sort of thing.
Any ideas most welcome.
Cheers
Tel.

craigxcraig

Prefers 'cxc'
Unthank Arms on Unthank Road does some great food- the roasts are excellent. Numerous real ale pubs as well - had some really great nights out in Norwich.

Thraex

Needs to posh up his pants
I used to live on Benedict Street. (Don't know if these still exist/what they're like now) Red Lion - Duke St; 12(?) Bells Benedict St; Hog in Armour; Unthank Arms and Coach & Horses (still good); right out of the station, on the left hand side. Loads of very good pubs. TBH you're almost bound to find a couple of decent ones. Enjoy :).

telbert

Do you like sponge?
Went to The Murderers(great beer,shit pork scratchings),The belgian monk was alright and then up to another pub, cant remember the name on the other end of Pottergate opposite a cashpoint ,Great beer and the Aspalls cider was brilliant all weekend.

Roadkill

12(?) Bells Benedict St
Ten Bells, if it's the pub I'm thinking of. My brother used to run that place, not because he was employed as manager but because the landlady was pissed more often than not so he had to do most of the work.

S☼I

don't wait to be kind
sorry, thought someone might as well get it out of the way early

(that's what SHE said etc)

BlueSquareThing

With chips

The Boy

danny la rouge is probably wrong.
I was at a house party on hogmany just passed. Had been invited by a friend who had vouched for myself and partner to the host of said party so was on best behaviour.

Anyway, got chatting to someone in the kitchen (cos all the cool cats hang in the kitchen at parties) and he happened to mention he was from Norwich. Seeing as the only other person who actually comes from Norwich is Alan Partridge, I thought I would lead with "[name], what do you think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?". [name] seemed amazed that I knew so much about Norwich city centre as to want to engage in a conversation about it.

In the end I had to explain who Alan Partidge was :(.

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
I was at a house party on hogmany just passed. Had been invited by a friend who had vouched for myself and partner to the host of said party so was on best behaviour.

Anyway, got chatting to someone in the kitchen (cos all the cool cats hang in the kitchen at parties) and he happened to mention he was from Norwich. Seeing as the only other person who actually comes from Norwich is Alan Partridge, I thought I would lead with "[name], what do you think of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?". [name] seemed amazed that I knew so much about Norwich city centre as to want to engage in a conversation about it.

In the end I had to explain who Alan Partidge was :(.

:D:D:D