Northern Weather

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by Shirl, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

We are having a spectacular thunderstorm with proper serious heavy rain. I love it :)

2. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

We had this last night up here, although it was too cloudy to see the lightning properly. It's nice and sunny today, but not too warm :thumbs:

kazza007 likes this.
  3. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

It was really warm here. It may still be, I've had to shut the door because the floor was getting soaked :)

neonwilderness likes this.
  4. kwaimaisabai

kwaimaisabai Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in the kitchen with the door open watching this. Easing up now though.

5. machine cat

machine cat nod from the big man as kosher Banned

Last night and right now. Was nice earlier.

Shirl likes this.
  6. tufty79

tufty79 1979-2015. R.I.P.

Proper pissed down/stormed in leeds and sheffield yesterday, currently pissing it down again in leeds and just had thunder..

Shirl likes this.
  7. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

Considerably further North than yow, and it's been glorious sunshine all day. It is well hot though (about 22 degrees)

neonwilderness and tufty79 like this.
  8. Bears

Bears Flash company

It's in Lancaster too!

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

How my Chinese mates used to laugh when I tried to explain that mid-twenties is hot where I come from.

Fez909, Bears, Voley and 1 other person like this.
  10. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

All things are relative. I start wearing shorts to work at about 13 degrees. I was out mountain biking today and seriously suffering for the heat :D

11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I'm the same, get a sweat on in the high teens Celsius. Summers in Beijing I was basically crocked for three months.

12. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

I've been mocked for living at a low altitude before. :D "Zero! He live at zero! Hahahahahahaaaaa!" :D

13. kwaimaisabai

kwaimaisabai Well-Known Member

It's doing it again. Raindrops the size of water balloons and the sun is shining. No thunder yet though.

IMG_1018_1.jpg

Fez909, neonwilderness and Shirl like this.
  14. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

[​IMG]
    Not a bad here today and an interesting bit of sunset reflecting in the clouds

15. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Apart from some unpleasantness with the sun earlier this morning, it has been nicely leaden sky and drizzle.

kebabking and izz like this.
  16. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Drizzle here now but it's been dry with a bit of sun at times. Quite a drop in temperature though.
    I'm off up to the Solway Firth of Friday so I'm hoping for a sunny few days. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed :)

17. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Bloody hell, we've got this on Monday when I get back from the weekend :(

[​IMG]

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  18. farmerbarleymow

It's raining here at the moment, although fairly gentle steady rain rather than a downpour.

19. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Monday in Hebden Bridge turned out to be not too bad after that horrendous forecast. Cloudy but nothing worse.
    Got a campervan trip to Dales planned in three weeks so I'm still optimistically hoping for an Indian Summer :)

20. farmerbarleymow

It's forecast to rain on you today Shirl - similar to Manchester.

uploadfromtaptalk1441087424696.jpg

21. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

22. farmerbarleymow

The weather app I've screengrabbed above says it will rain in the afternoon, so this morning should be fine.

23. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I'm working today so not really fussed about the weather :(
    It was dry though when I took the dogs out at 6.30am and seeing as the dogs dislike the rain as much as me, that was a good thing :D

24. farmerbarleymow

I'm off today and the sky is switching between very leaden and sunny - it can't make up its bloody mind. I'll be surprised if we get through the day without at least a bit of rain. :)

25. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I can't let these last few gorgeous days go by without a mention. Yesterday was especially lovely here in Hebden Bridge.

26. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Aye truly splendid here in Chester this evening :cool:

27. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Been beautiful here in Leeds.

Was beautiful on Saturday before I left for the Deep South. Gradually got gloomier as I descended below the 52nd parallel, eventually leading to rain. Admittedly, it was nice on Sunday down there but it's been 100% spot on since getting back.

North > South

It's grim down South :(

28. farmerbarleymow

29. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  30. farmerbarleymow

neonwilderness likes this.