North Ferriby United wound up after 85 years

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Mar 15, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Really sad news.

Ronco likes this.
  2. editor

editor hiraethified

3. editor

editor hiraethified

4. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

I was at that Trophy final in 2015 and it felt like the whole of North Ferriby was there to support, out sung the Wrexham fans despite being outnumbered and you could tell how much the occasion meant to them. Very sad to see them fall so far from that great day.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I was at that Trophy final too, a truly amazing result. Made us Hamlet fans very welcome when we went up there for a pre season game in 2002.

Pink Panther and baleboy_93 like this.
  6. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

I went there for a boxing day game a few years ago , i have family in the area , a bit of a feisty derby with York City really nice old ground in a pretty village , sort of east thurrock esque . Didnt the Allam family who owned Hull City have something to do with them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  7. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Answering my own question , current owners bought the club off Allams daughter and son in law who had bank rolled the club somewhat , current owners had a plan to re locate the club to the north of Hull which the league rejected and have decided the club isn't viable

8. Patteran

Patteran A nowadays excuse

All for a seven grand bill.

9. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Sadly whilst the court case was over a few grand, people associated with the club have suggested there are many more debts. The liquidators report will see all become clear

10. editor

editor hiraethified

Good news

North Ferriby United receive green light to play at Grange Lane