No tubes on NYE.......

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by EastEnder, Dec 22, 2005.

1. the B

the B Sorry

Does it matter? :confused:

What is membership compared to how you think and feel?

France has a lower Union participation rate than the UK but many deals between workers and bosses follow what unions do.

No membership, but very much feeling and doing the same thing.

2. shandy

shandy shit band, no fans

So not a trade-unionist then. But i take your point. So is sleaterkinny a wildcat firebrand? Organising walk-outs at the merest hint that the bosses are going to swap the soft bog-paper at work for that hard tracing-paper stuff from school?

3. shandy

i.e. the type of stuff that would put shim in a position, through his/her considerable experience, to be critical of the industrial strategy of rank amateurs like the RMT in terms of when they choose to call strike action?

4. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

cheers the B, I'm actually very surprised I got past a couple of critical posts before the scab/tory/liberal insults started being dealt out, it's no more than I expected unfortunately....

5. shandy

Oh behave, just tell us about the part you played in some of your many industrial struggles.

6. sleaterkinney

Like I said, I can't be arsed with ya...

7. shandy

Fair enough, let's just hope the RMT sees sense and scraps the NYE strike so as not to offend the sensibilities of hardcore non-union activists such as yourself.

Here's to January 5th when they'll do the real damage!

8. shandy

Boo-hoo.

9. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Shandy, you're making yourself look like a twat by singling sleater out like this.

Common failing of the some on the left, singling out for insults people who they unilaterally designate as 'liberals', 'scabs' or whatever, instead of concentrating on the real discussion ...

I appreciate you've withdrawn the 'scab' slur, but it was bang out of order to make it in the first place.

I support the strike and the RMT btw, but fair's fair, there are plenty of people around are far more hostile to trade union actions than him!

10. shandy

11. William of Walworth

Cheers matey! Have some spliff!!! :cool: :p :D

:)

12. Oxpecker

Oxpecker gwaharddedig canolwr cont

nice arse

:p

13. Isambard

Isambard Dab of Rioja, Kitten? :D

Just a tad of celulite though, hey?

Shouldn't you be in bed though Oxpecker dreaming of way to "make Londoners' lives a misery" and "hold the capital to ransom" ?

Copyright Substandard / BBC London / Urban75 Wiberals.

14. sleaterkinney

No scabs on it though boyo!

15. academia

academia run 4 the sun little 1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4564324.stm

"Hopes fade for Tube strike talks

...the union said it was not prepared to enter talks unless LU agreed to postpone the introduction of new rotas at the centre of the dispute..."

I don't get this, isn't this what the talks are meant to be about?!

16. BarryB

BarryB New Member

A bit of good news for a change - the Jubilee Line reopened this morning. It wasant supposed to reopen until Saturday 31st following the adding of one carriage to every train.

BarryB

17. Oxpecker

You're right actually, but at 1 in the morning after a day on the sauce I tend not to be too picky :oops:

18. William of Walworth

Relevant bit :

19. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

even more relevant bit:

20. academia

academia run 4 the sun little 1

Also from the BBC story:

They have a commitment from TfL that there will be no overall cut in station staff and they know perfectly well that no new rosters will be introduced which have not been fully validated for safety.

So who's lying?

21. miss giggles

miss giggles an unknown quantity...

:D :D

22. Larry O'Hara

Larry O'Hara Well-Known Member

Well...

..I see that Tribune of the people Ken Livingstone (who uses taxis paid for by mug voters anyway) cares not a flying toss about safety issues and has attacked the union over the strike. Reason enough (if any were needed) to support the RMT.

23. pk

pk drink flounce rinse repeat

Better than some jumped up fuckwit coward laughing at the prospect of someones kids being dead, all from the safety of the internet, eh Rednblack?

"Wadical".

And "wevolutionary".

You're the only pathetic wretch around here, son.

24. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Robots are the pinnacle of *engineering*

Software is a minor issue.

Yet the space shuttle software group have *never* shipped buggy software, despite (or perhaps because of) never working more than 40 hours a week.

(Read Bruce Powel Douglass book, Doing Hard Time, about realtime embedded software. Skip the UML shite.)

25. rednblack

rednblack Banned Banned

paul and barry both have far better politics than sleater :mad:

26. Oxpecker

tut tut

Have you not read the rules, you feckless gobshite?

"We welcome lively and robust debate and have no problem with swearing (where appropriate) but posters using these forums to re-enact infantile playground battles will be clipped around the ear by the milk monitor."

27. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not in London this NYE. The strikers should be fined liked those in New York.

28. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Maybe make them drink castor oil as well like your squadristi heroes did eh?

29. Isambard

Isambard Dab of Rioja, Kitten? :D

What on earth for ? :confused:

30. Oxpecker

I'm glad you're not in London, too.

You're talking rubbish, btw, the strikers weren't fined the union was.

Why would you want to make striking illegal? Do you not regard it as an important civil liberty?