No Lambeth return for Paddick

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Oct 9, 2002.

1. IntoStella

IntoStella Banned Banned

(Did you know an anagram of Saxon Rillet is NIXES A TROLL ?
    Another is TALLER IN SOX. OK, back on topic....)
    ;)

2. Stobart Stopper

Stobart Stopper Well-Known Member

wish I could get my hands on an Eddie Stobart scrunchie thingy for the hair. The Editor could wear it on tv every time he does an interview.........

might send him a truck in a box to put on top of his computer .:D

3. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I would imagine that this is now wider than just Lambeth Wants Brian Back. I wouldn't be at all surprised if gay groups now get involved. I have visions of a fat middle-aged lady (me) chained to the railings outside New Scotland Yard while lesbians abseil down the front of the building and the building is stormed by fit young men in pvc. Meanwhile the Brianettes Direct Action Dancers tap dance on top of the revolving New Scotland Yard sign.
    :eek:

I reckon John Stevens and Toby Harris have really misjudged on the PR front over this...............

4. sonicdancer

sonicdancer Jet Set Nomad Banned

I saw that, some private email eh ?

whos the leak, how much did you get for it ?

5. hatboy

hatboy Banned Banned

The latest news that Brian Paddick will not be returning to his south London post is a blatant snub to the people of Brixton and Lambeth. Sir John Stevens promised Paddick's return should he be cleared of the charges against him. Now Sir John has conveniently forgotten that promise.

It would seem that "community policing" and "policing by consent" are just empty phrases as far as the Met Commissioner is concerned.

Paddick had built a level of trust of the police never before seen in Brixton. Now that will all go down the drain.

I guess the public opinion on the streets, on the website Lambeth4Paddick and the 5000 signature petition which was mostly collected around Brixton's shops and pubs count for nothing!

It is also interesting to note that the Paddick (the Met’s top gay officer) is to be sidelined with the both the Met’s top Asian officer and the Met’s top black officer into the same behind the scenes job. Is there a pattern emerging there?

Now you know what happens when the people of Brixton aren't treated with respect by the cops don't you Sir John?

PS It wasn't me who leaked (or even received) that email - it probably didn't exist.

6. IntoStella

IntoStella Banned Banned

Oh, can I play? :D

7. pooka

pooka Can't Re Member

Caught the news in a shop on Tottenham Court Road. Did they say the expected Disciplinary action - how so when the panel hasn't even met yet?

The email thing was odd, did anyone catch the addressee? It flew up the screen.

If people want to mail newspapers, there are links set up here (saves you looking them up).

Over the next few days, various groups in Lambeth will be getting together to plan a response - we'll keep you posted.

8. ats

ats Well-Known Member

The press release issued late last night by lambeth4paddick can be read here.

9. Mrs Magpie

There will be something on London Tonight on ITV too......they've done an interview with someone on the campaign to re-instate Paddick in Lambeth......

10. Turboprop

Turboprop I am become death

This is terrible news. It is also a sad day for Lambeth, and for the rest of us. This is just another typical example of senior management playing politics. They are so narrow minded. They are also scared of visionary people such as Brian.:mad:

11. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

I hope they do along with all other minorities and non minorities.

You need to earn trust but this situation now shows the Met can't be trusted. How can they be, when they say one thing and mean another?

12. Brian

Brian Local friendly ex-cop

I AM NOT GIVING UP...

...NOT NOW, NOT EVER, NEVER!

No, I am not going to resign. Softly, softly...

13. grubby local

grubby local tapir wanker

go Brian! Fuckers. (sorry don't have anything constructive to add, just bitter hate)
    gx

14. Stobart Stopper

Brian, or Sir.........I should say!

From hubby:

Don't give up, no matter what you do or what role you perform if you are in a position of power you can still make a difference. If you joined the police service to make a difference (and you know what I mean by 'difference') then I would say to you, don't give in, stick at it, and make the difference where you can.

15. editor

editor hiraethified

And if anyone had the misfortune to witness Kate Hoey's clueless rant about what 'we' in Lambeth supposedly want on the BBC London news, may I suggest this:

Slap Kate Hoey

I wish she'd hurry up and join the Tory party.

16. ats

ats Well-Known Member

Maybe you should add a 'Slap Sir John Stevens' after the way he's let us down.

17. Jessiedog

Jessiedog Keeping the faith.

Brian,

You brought me to these boards and for that I will forever hold you in my heart.

Your courage is inspiring.

Bless you.

Woof

18. Mrs Magpie

Slap Sir John Stevens

Can it feature him with a forked tongue? He lied to us.

19. Clapham Omnibus

Clapham Omnibus a bit laid back

Too Right Brian

It seems to me a real odd bit of officialdom to put an intelligent person in Intelligence.
    Yeah I wonder who leaked the typing of an e-mail?
    Probably someone in government or TV (much are the same these days).
    Perhaps they have got their wires wrong Kate Hoey in intelligence if she can find where it is or indeed what it is.
    Brian Paddick in Lambeth.
    Keep going Brian
    Best regards
    CO;)

20. Caspar Hauser

Caspar Hauser Boy from Nowhere

I'd say slapping is too good for that bastard! :mad:
    Any chance we could warp him? :D

21. mummymonster

mummymonster New Member

Go Brian!

We're with you all the way! What an utterly disgraceful way you have been treated. I'm not a Lambeth resident (any more) but I support you all the way. I think the comments about, the highest ranking black police officer, asian police officer, and now gay police officers have been totally spot on. Its a good job (for the Met) that this news wasn't released in the height of a hot summer, or I do reckon we might have another riot on our hands. I don't advocate violence, but sometimes its not surprising - especially when the people are treated with contempt, as we all have been.

22. Peter Matisse

Peter Matisse Queering the Mail

Let's look through the round window today everyone, what do we see, one black officer, one Asian officer, and one gay officer - well we must be in minorities corner!

Isn't that nice, we set up a unit that is under funded, under resourced, and 18 months behind schedule and designed to make failures of those that serve in it. We call it minorities corner.

We do all this so we can say ' Minorities, they are just not up to it and besides we must keep the upper ranks racially pure.'

I wonder who polishes Sir Johns jackboots ? I wonder where he keeps his national front membership card ?

One thing Sir John does very well is spitting in the faces of the people in Lambeth.

'Lets work together to fight crime?' - In a pigs eye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. pooka

pooka Can't Re Member

Really Peter, something comes over you round midnight! :)

Meanwhile, the MPA disciplinary panel jobby are now going to meet next Monday - walking backwards for Christmas

MPA Release

Interesting that this time they announce their meeting on their website, last time it was just the TV crews who knew.

And the emails keep coming! (Independent

24. missing twin

missing twin habesha

hear, hear..

nothing to add except I didnt know whether to laugh or cry when I read the Guardian this morning:confused: Though I must say the reporter must have been chuckling!

On the issue of Paddick returning.. let's keep going strong, don't give the Mail any satisfaction they've won:mad:

MTx

25. Jazzz

Jazzz the truth don't care Banned

Yes I'm sure that new unit for Paddick is exactly as it sounds - a sick joke.

26. GaryJenkins

GaryJenkins totally banned Banned

Peter Matisse

So do you think people in these categories should automatically be given the best jobs? (& I'm not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with the jobs they've got)

27. Stobart Stopper

No, it's about EQUAL opportunities, something that the Met seems to have overlooked for years. Things are now improving but once the racist, homophobic brigade are finally pensioned off, they will finally be able to move with the times.

28. Peter Matisse

Peter Matisse Queering the Mail

What I am saying is that the Met is institutionally racist, sexist and homophobic. Despite what you read this job is designed to make failures of those that serve there. So you put in all the uppity minorities to shut them up. People should be treated fairly and on merit and this job is a rubbish job.

To hear Toby Harris talk you would think this was one of the best jobs in the Met. Again this is rubbish. He was the man who reccomended that Brian be moved in the first place, to 'protect' him. All that did was deliver him into the hands of the biggoted homophobic senior officers at the Met. Brian need never have left Lambeth. Toby Harris is part of the plot. He and Sir John Stevens have colluded to destroy Brian's career because he refuses to fit in to the white straight racist model, that they expect from their senior officers.

There are some serious questions to be asked about the way the Met have handled this, and I think we deserve a public enquiry into the Met with regard to this matter.

They are public servants paid for by our taxes and should not be allowed to behave in this way.

29. White Lotus

White Lotus Provisional Buddhist

30. Stobart Stopper

also in the Daily Mail today....... the 'anarchist' website...ROFL!