No charges to be bought in Uk for rendition of Libyan couple Abdelhakim Belhaj and Fatima Boudchar

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by teqniq, Jun 12, 2016.

1. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

This is sadly unsurprising, the British establishment has closed ranks to protect their own:

The charges against British officials have been dropped – but questions still remain about Libya

Nothing illustrates our hypocrisy about torture more than this

2. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    bendeus and crossthebreeze like this.
  3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

It's back, and this time its personal. edit - Actually it always was but I just fancied saying that.

Libyan wins right to sue ex-Foreign Secretary Jack Straw - BBC News

teqniq and agricola like this.
  4. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

this has made my morning. :)

ViolentPanda and agricola like this.
  5. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

6. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Yeah and you can pretty much guarantee that if those papers had not been found implicating MI6 in their rendition, there would have been neither an apology or compensation.

CRI likes this.
  7. dessiato

dessiato Maholo e ke akua no kei la

I hope the 500k goes some way to compensating for what they suffered, although I doubt it.

8. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

I don't think I have ever heard a statement that gave thanks to human rights lawyers, specifically those at Leigh Day, and the investigators at the Metropolitan Police before.

9. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

guardian states they would have been happy with a symbolic 3 quid so long as there was apology.

dessiato likes this.
  10. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

People should be in jail for this shit, an apology falls a long way short of that.

Almor likes this.