Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ghosteen

neonwilderness

What would Badgers do?
I might give it another listen tonight. There weren't any stand out tracks, but I think it's one of those albums that you have to listen to in it's entirety to fully appreciate.

Voley

aManWithaMulletGoingMadWithaMalletInMillets
Well this is quite a thing, isn't it?

First impressions are that it picks up straight where 'Skeleton Tree' left off and, my goodness, it's beautiful.

neonwilderness

What would Badgers do?
First impressions are that it picks up straight where 'Skeleton Tree' left off and, my goodness, it's beautiful.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Ghosteen review – his most beautiful songs
Most listeners seemed to take Skeleton Tree as an extended treatise on grief, ignoring Cave’s insistence that the songs predated the loss they were presumed to be about. In fairness, you could see why, given how bleak and disturbing it sounded. But if Ghosteen is the album people supposed its predecessor to be, it sounds like nothing like you might expect of an album informed by tragedy.

Part 2

bizarre wanking accident
Listened this morning. It made me feel very sad and I zoned out a bit, however thought the second part sounded better than the first. It'll need more listens I'm sure.

Hollis

Bloody furious
I don't really care much for his recent Bad Seeds stuff. I gave it another listen, lasted 3 tracks, then stuck on PJ Harvey "Uh huh her" as a tonic. :)

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
Haven't had the time to listen all the way through yet, but giving it another listen today, and when he was singing 'waiting for you' on track 3... :'( I cried, man.

Last edited:

neonwilderness

What would Badgers do?
I've given this a couple more listens and it's growing on me :cool:

You can definitely hear similarities to Skeleton Tree and, to a lesser extent, Push The Sky Away.

editor

hiraethified
I've tried so hard to like Nick Cave but there was a song that came on the radio now - some absolute drivel about prancing horses and train whistles - that was so awful that I listened to the end just so I could find out who it was and avoid listening to them again. And the recent Israel jaunt makes me even less inclined to feel the love. Sorry.